Sunday, June 8, 2014

The pain of grief - literally

We have a new family member.  Her name is Peony.  She is a mix of something but we don't know what.  We don't know what her parentage is, but that is okay.  I have mixed feelings in a way about this.  I do much better with a dog.  I need to lower my anxiety and petting and hugging her will completely help but I also grieve for Maisy.  This lovely, little, 10 pound dog needed a home and we needed her so basically, we are a good fit that way.  She has explored the house and seems to like us.  She is a furniture jumper so we will work on that.  She seems to like Heather BT and I a lot.  Tomorrow will be my first day with her by myself.  I am looking forward to it.  She is a good girl so far.  Q seems to be getting along well with her too.  Peony is learning to come when called.  She gets a treat when she does.  Eventually, she won't need this but right now she does.  I don't think I will ever get over Maisy, as she was my first love, but I think I have enough room in my aching heart for this lovely, little dog named Peony.

Painwise - grief has taken a toll on my body.  My headaches have been torturous this week.  Simply torturous.  My body aches, my head aches, I don't think there is much on me that doesn't ache.  It is so unfair.  My heart aches for Maisy and my body physically aches for Maisy.  It has been a week since our little furbaby left us and went to Heaven.  I miss her so much.

I hope someday I won't hurt so much, but I never will forget that beautiful, sweet, little Maisy girl, NEVER.  I will love her forever.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Heather, I know how much you loved that little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I become horribly, physically ill when I experience the death of a loved one. When my brother died, I was sick in bed for 10 days after his funeral. When my mom passed, same thing. When my husband's best friend died, I got the flu after that, too. When my dog, Hector died, I was sick in bed for 3 days. We adopted a new puppy about 5 months after Hector passed. It's been a huge challenge, and he is now 2 1/2 years old and I'm FINALLY starting to figure out what he's all about! LOL! Completely different dog! As for Maisy, and with our boy, Hector, they take a piece of your heart forever. Grief sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Friday, August 28, 2026

  It looks so beautiful outside.  The sun is shining and the trees rustling their leaves in the breeze.  Naturally, these trees are growing ...