Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday!

I am sitting here in my pajamys and loving every minute of it.  I am very tired today.  It is definitely a day of rest.  Maisy is sitting next to me.  Every so often, I pet her and rub her tummy (she loves this a lot).  I got up at about 2 pm today.  I had planned on going to the bookstore with Star but she is exhausted and in the middle of a flare and I am so exhausted so we will go another day.  It is just weird because we go almost every week and this past week we didn't go at all!  It is okay.  I talk to her by text almost every night.  I also talked to Kathy today, so that was even better!  It has been a quiet week.  I had one new student and one student quit.  That balances each other out a bit, although the student who quit was a 45 minute lesson and the new is 30 but all in all in works.  I have another new one this week too.  I usually have just enough to help pay the bills so that is good.

Right now I am also watching the men's skating in the Olympics.  I am glad that they are showing more than just the Americans.  I just saw an Italian skater.  He did really well.  The American, Jason Brown is on right now, and he is doing well.  The music is beautiful too.  It is Irish or Celtic.  One of the two but it is lovely.

Painwise, this week has been up and down.  I am working on giving up diet coke but I had such a bad headache on Wednesday that Bill bought both Heather BT and I pop because we were both dealing with the caffeine headache of giving up pop.  I had a small one yesterday because of the same reason.  I figure that after a few weeks I won't need one anymore and then, i will be diet coke free!  That is the goal, anyway!  I haven't had too much of any flares this week, which is good, but my friend, Star, sure has.  She is in the midst of one right now.  We were tentatively planning to go to tea today but neither of us is really up to it.  Her insomnia and flare are throwing her for a loop and my exhaustion is throwing me for one too.  We will go later in the week.  It is just weird to miss a week since we have been going weekly for a long time now.  It has been just way too cold to go this past week.  I hope this next week is nice and not so snowy or cold.  I am tired of both already.

Well, my mind is totally on the Olympics now so off I go to watch them.  I love watching the skating so much!

1 comment:

  1. I think the weather has something to do with having more flares. I don't have fibro but I do have a degenerative nerve disease and I am in such a flare right now that all I want to do is stay in bed, which actually makes it worse! So, I feel your pain ladies!! Hope you have a better (healthy) week ahead. take care H...;j

    ReplyDelete