Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Night before my birthday musings

Tomorrow is 52nd birthday.  It seems weird to me to be this old.  I don't feel different except physically where everything is falling apart. It is a different birthday as we are all quarantined. We can go to get grocies, meds, and doctors.  That is about it.  All my lessons are online.  My students and I often went to get ice cream for my birthday.  I believe we will have cake.  Bill said he will see what he can do.  We are all getting alone for all six of us being home. 

My pain hasn't been horribly bad not has my nausea.  I have been going to a chiropractor.  I have finally found one that didn't flinch when I told him about the hardware attached to my spine. At the first evaluation, he checked my neck and thinks that my daily headache that I have had for 17years is from my neck issue.  He has been working on my neck and adjusting it.  I am pleased with the results.  It hasn't helped the head much but if has helped some of the back issues.

I have, unfortunately, added a new diagnose, cyclical vomiting syndrome.   I now take two anti nausea meds.  One is there times a day and yes, I have to wake up in the middle of the night to take.  The other is twice a day. Despite this new issue, I have in the last year gained 35 pounds of the 70 I had lost.  Party of it was a med.  If you are on protonix for a lo g time you can gain weight, however the majority is due to cookies and bad food choices.  I have improved upon that now.

Peony is doing so good as usual.  She is looking super cute.  I never knew I could love a dog so much. First there was Maisy and now there is Peony.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog a while ago, and I'm really happy that this site is still alive :D I'm a bit younger than you, but I know what you mean, it's so strange being over 40, I thought I'd be wiser by now ;)

    ReplyDelete