Thursday, June 16, 2022

Heat Wave

 Yesterday was 97*, however, with the heat index it felt more like 105*.  Today is only 93* and it has cooled down to 90*.  I do not do well in high heat or super cold.  Both make me ache more.  Right now i am in the living room which has the portable air conditioning unit.  It feels wonderful.  I do have 2 window fans now and we do have an attic fan.  When the temperature is 90 and above it is pointless.  It could be much worse though.  We could live in the southern states.  I will keep what weather we have.  This weekend is suppose to be nice out and cooler.  I will definitely enjoy that.

On the brain fog front, it hasn't been super bad, just the usual.  I can only focus for so long and. then I need a break.  I think what really helps me with teaching lessons is a combo of being able to focus for a bit and the the hyper focus of the ADHD.  I definitely think that is my superpower.  Also, when I am focusing on a lesson, my pain level doesn't seem as high.  That is a good thing.  I am really learning a lot about my ADHD.  I always try to improve myself and strive to do better.  I want to be the best me I can be.  Yes, I am in pain 24/7.  Yes, I have all the other things that go along with fibro, I don't think that for me, that it means I can't strive to be a better me.  The more I learn about ADHD, the more so much of me is explained.  My extra chattiness.  Yes, I was that child.  The one who talked to everyone in class.  My mom once told me that when she went to my first school conference for first grade, my teacher asked my mom if I ever stopped talking.  My mom asked her if I talked all the time in class.  The teacher said no, just most of it.  Mom said that was good, last year, she talked all the time.  Yes, that was my ADHD.  It wasn't something that anyone really tested for in girls at that time.  This was the early to mid 70s.  When I wasn't talking, I was daydreaming.  I have this really weird thing I can do.  I can see my daydreams in front of me.  Like I am watching a movie.  I tried to explain it to my best friend once and she thought it was so weird. Again, inattentiveness, ADHD.  I have a really hard time falling asleep.  I always have.  My brain never shuts up.  You would think with the amount of brain fog I have, that it would be easier to fall asleep.  Nope.  Not at all.  Again, ADHD.  This is just a few of what I have learned in the past six or so months since being officially diagnosed.  

I am so excited that the Dowton Abbey: A New Era movie is out!!!!  Kathy, my best friend, and I are trying to find a weekend where she can come to town and then we can see the movie!  Her mom wants to see it too.  That will be a lot of fun.  I love her mom.  She is a really neat person.  I have pretty much known her almost all of my life too since well, I have know Kathy almost all of my life.  It makes sense.  Kathy's Dad passed away several years ago now.  He was a really good guy.  A good dad.  I remember at Kathy's wedding, she didn't want to do the Daddy/Daughter Dance because both she and her Dad are quite shy.  I didn't blame her.  She had always been shy.  One of the things I loved doing when we were young was going to her house and hanging out.  We would read and listen to music.  Apparently, we would also dress up their toy size poodle Pepper in doll clothes.  Pepper was such an awesome dog.  I really loved that dog.  Kathy's mom said that she would let us put whatever clothes we wanted on her.  We also would put her in a doll stroller and walk her outside.  That poor dog.  We both loved her though.  She was love in the form of a dog.  Plain and simple. Just love.  Kathy and I still like to hang out and read together.  I have much more time to read than she does since she has these cute minions she is raising, although one is now 24, I think, and another is 19.  The youngest two are 15.  She also has a hubby.  I can't wait to see her and her mom soon and the movie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment