Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday 10-30

Tomorrow is Halloween and usually I don't have any lessons because of trick or treating.  However, I do have 3 lessons tomorrow since they are earlier in the afternoon.  I plan to hide in my house this year.  Several cities in this area have postponed trick or treating because of the expected weather here tomorrow.  While here in Michigan we do not get the brunt of the storm, we will get some backlash (for lack of a better word) of it.  It is supposed to be very cold, icy, wet, and they are expecting it to be dangerous for trick or treating.

I only had 2 lessons this afternoon.  Sammy rescheduled for Thursday.  Amy and Dan are doing very well.  Dan has played before but it was about a year ago.  He has been my student for about 2 1/2 months ago.  Amy has been taking lessons for about 3 months now.

I am getting Christmas music out for the students to start to practice for the concert.  I do have a few who are planning not to be in the concert.  I don't mind if they don't want to be in the concert.  I have had some students in the past who have never played in a concert or competed in a competition.  Most of the students have chosen the songs they want to play in the recital, only a few are left that haven't chosen yet.  By the end of the week, I should have everyone who wants to be in the recital choose a song.  I have to put 2 songs in finale so that I have CDs for the students to sing to.  It doesn't take too long, but sometimes it seems like it takes a long time.  I should have them done by next week.

I think the dosage for the headache medicine is possibly starting to work.  Sometimes, during the day, the headache is almost gone.  The bad ones are either in the morning and then it goes back to the normal headache or in the evening right before bed.  I think that is somewhat of an improvement.  I am hope to actually attend church this Sunday as I have not been there for about 1 1/2 months.  I like the church I attend now and I don't like missing it.  I love singing in the choir.  They are really nice people and we sing songs that I like.  This Sunday we are singing "Your Grace Still Amazes Me".  It is such a beautiful song.  I hope to be able to sing with the choir this week.

I need some new books to read again.  This weekend I will go to the used bookstore to get a few new to me ones.  Right now, I am reading a lot of Danielle Steel.  I like most of her books, only a few that I don't like.

So far, eating healthy is going pretty well.  I do try to eat a lot of vegetables and I have a salad almost every night.  I have to order new inserts for my foodmover so I can keep better track of my food and nutrition.  I am working on adding exercise too.  I just have been really exhausted these past few days so I haven't been able to add as much.

Tomorrow is the follow up appointment for the ER visit on Saturday.  She needs to check the infection and see if it is clearing up or getting worse.  It seems to be doing alright to me.

I am going to read a bit after I finish watching the NCIS Los Angeles.  I hope your evening is going well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment