Friday, May 16, 2014

It isn't Cancer!!!! 5-16

I am so thankful!!!  On Wednesday, I had the mammogram and the breast ultrasound and it is not cancer!  The pain that has been coming and going must be from the lovely prolactinemia.  Such a strange thing.  Also, the lightheadedness and the nausea can be caused by that too, of which, neither has gone away.  I know, I know, it takes time, but still, I am such an impatient person!  I want results now!  I will try to be patient with these things.

I woke up this morning at 5 am and I felt like I could take on the world.  Well, by 6 am, I was back asleep and when I woke up at noon, I was exhausted.  So goes my day.  Nothing new here.  I did read a bit this morning before I went back to sleep because I couldn't sleep.  I didn't really want to go downstairs and go on the computer so I read.

My daily headache is a bit worse than usual today, but definitely not as bad as yesterday when I had to lie down for a while.  It was so bad.  I have given up on break through meds because at this point, they are not helping one little bit.  Not one bit so there is no point in suffering through an awful shot if it isn't going to work, right?  If it gets super bad, I am to call my neuro and she either calls in a prescription or sends me to the ER for the IV form of the meds that finally worked when I was in the ER last fall.  I get so tired of the ER at times.  Fortunately, in 2014, I have not been in one at all!  It is a record so far this year.

I only have 2 students tonight, Acer and Emily.  Acer is finished with his lesson.  He is such a musical young man.  Emily will be here in a bit.  She plays piano.  Tonight she is coming for an hour to make up for missing last week because of traffic and other obstacles in the way.  This will work out well because next week is the spring concert and we need to work on her song a lot so an hour will be just fine for us.  Em is such a sweet girl.

Tomorrow, I am so excited because my Amy is back!  She was out of the country for about 7 months and now she is back!  She would have been back last week but we had the wedding so that was important.  It is also book club tomorrow.  I wonder what everyone thought about the book.  I will tell what I thought after book club, not before.  I do hope that everyone is able to come.  I love book club and we actually do talk about the book, which, I understand, many book clubs don't.  We are just weird that way.

I am really tired now.  It is just crazy how tired I am now.  I have a short break before my Emily will be here and then I can crash for the night.  I probably won't since I haven't had dinner yet, but I could.

It's really strange but I have had a sore throat for 5 days now.  It is only on the right side, though, which is good, but it is strange.  My right ear is starting to hurt now too.  This is not looking good.  I am not up for an ear infection or a cold or anything else right now.  However, should I end up with something like that, I will rest and do what I need to do.  I'm just hoping to pass over this.  Star is rather ill right now.  She has a bad head cold and actually had to cancel a performance tonight because of it.  I felt so bad for her.  She so wanted to perform tonight at the art show but she is just too sick.  Star is a beautiful dancer.  I haven't seen her dance in years but I am hoping to see her in some of the shows she has coming up.  Star only just recently started back to dance.  I am hoping that when I get down to a reasonable weight to be able to go back to dance.  That is my dream.  I do not, however, want to go back to pointe.  I don't think my hips will like that so that is okay.  I love contemporary ballet or lyrical jazz best anyway and you don't need toe shoes for those.  I miss dance.  I wish I hadn't quit but the fibro was so bad, I had no choice.  I just couldn't do it anymore.   I really couldn't.  The pain just got too much for me to handle.  Now that the pain is a bit more manageable at times, I am dreaming of the day I can dance.  The meds take the edge off of the pain so that helps me through the day, although my day is sooooooo much shorter than the average person, it is still my day.  I sleep a lot, or rather, I spend a lot of time trying to sleep as I wake up about every 2 or so hours.  Sometimes, my best sleep is between 6 am and 12 noon to 1 pm.  It is just the way it is.  So, sometimes, I spend 12 to 14 hours trying to sleep.  I am a 12 hour sleeper and I pretty much always have been.  I know some people say I sleep too much but I have tried sleeping less and I find after a couple of days of it, I end up crashing and burning and sleeping the whole day and night away so this way is better.

My leg pain is not doing any better.  I am thankful it is only the right leg and not both.  I don't know why it happens, I have tried many different things but nothing seems to work.  It is not coming from my back, that I have figured out.  It is my leg because it is the lower part at first and then it raises to the thigh.

Well, Emily will be here shortly and I want to get some stuff done before she gets here.

2 comments: