Tuesday, December 1, 2020

First of December

 It is hard to believe that the year is almost to the end.  2020 has been the worst year with the pandemic.  I have learned some things this year.  I learned how to teach online.  That was new to me.  It started off with just Samantha and Alicia.  I was learning a lot.  Then, bam!!!!  All lessons had to be done online.  Yup.  No one in and no one out.  That was so hard at first.  I did okay though as I got used to it.  I started going to a chiropractor in February to see if he could help my headaches.  He has helped some.  The everyday headache is not gone.  I wonder if it ever will.  I finally will have an appointment with a doctor that I have been waiting for since July.  Apparently, my doctor office had the wrong number.  It happens.  I am to call back in a few days.  You know I will.  I am hoping that I will be approved to be getting a pacemaker in my stomach so I may not be nauseated 24/7.  It is awful.  Simply awful.  I take two antinausea meds to conquer this and I still get a lot of nausea.  It will regulate the emptying of my stomach.  That is what my doctor thinks will help the most.  All the rest of my stuff is the same.  I continue to try to live within its boundaries.  I try not to overdue it.

Peony continues to be the joy of my life.  She is such a good dog, a good companion.  When the pain day is high she really is a Godsent.  She seems to know when I feel a lot of pain.  Especially with a bad headache.  

I will put up the little three foot tree up in the living room again this year.  It didn't go up for some reason last year.  I don't know why.  I just don't know.  I need to have Sammy here to help me organize this room better.   It is so unorganized because I need so much music for teaching during the week.  I have two really tall piles of music.  It is crazy.  Just crazy.  

I just have two students today.  Starting next week, one of my Monday students is moving to Tuesday.  It will work out somehow.  It always does.  The ones I have today are two cute little boys.  Their mom and I have been friends since we were teens.  We met in ballet class.  We are both still friends with our first ballet teacher too.  It is neat.  I love facebook for that reason.  I have reconnected to many different people.  People from high school, dance, college, it is just really nice to see how they are doing now.  I am very thankful for the dance studio I went to.  Never once did Karen, the owner and main dance teacher, ever make me feel unwelcomed or I was too fat to dance, her opinion was, you want to learn to dance, I will teach you to dance and I learned.  I loved dance so much.  I was always the biggest one in the class but no one ever made fun of me or bullied me, not like at school.  This was so nice.  Debbie, my first ballet dance teacher really made me feel like I could do anything.  She was so encouraging.  I learned a lot from her as to how I teach.  It isn't that I don't correct my students, I do, it is how you do it.  I had a voice teacher at WSU who constantly belittled me, put me down, called my untalented,  I cried through my voice lessons.  I finally had to have a friend come with me because he was so mean.  Then he was gone for eight weeks.  We had a sub for six weeks.  What a difference in teaching styles.  First off, this man was nice.  He also said he couldn't understand how someone could call my untalented.  He said I was very talented and he wanted me for his choice, bel canto singers.  Unfortunately, my schedule wouldn't allow me to be in it.  I learned so much from him.  He taught me two pieces he wanted me to sing for my jury.  That is a performance exam.  The exam my teacher was not allowed to be in because of his bad behavior towards me.  When my teacher came back, I said the words that the sub teacher told me to say to him when he started to bully me.  It was hard but I did.  There wasn't much time left of the school year.  I really only went to the teacher I was supposed to because I had to.  I went to the sub teacher because I wanted to learn.  He actually taught me those songs.  I got an A on my jury.  One of the teachers asked about how I did this semester.  I told the truth about the sub and the teacher.  I wasn't surprised that the teacher's contract wasn't renewed.  I had finished my four semesters of voice lessons.  I then started taking from Carolyn Grimes.  She was lovely.  I learned so much from her.  Oh my.  My voice really matured when I had her as a teacher.  She was just an amazing person.  I also learned how to teach from her.  I learned how to create lesson plans from my mother and then how to correct students and how to keep their enthusiasm from 
Debbie and Carolyn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment