Tuesday, July 5, 2022

new portable a/c unit

 About a week ago, a new portable a/c unit arrived!!  It has helped a lot.  I will be ordering another one this  week.  I am really happy about these because we are expecting a very hot and humid summer.  Not as hot as the south, true, but for SE Michigan, hot.  I  have one for my room and we have one for the living room, which is where I teach.  The next one, I am no longer sure where it is now going.  It will be helpful no matter where we put it.

Anyways, enough about that.  I can't believe it is July already!!!!  Where did June go?  Seriously??  Peony and I have been hanging out as usual.  She is such a beautiful little pup.  She is 8 now.  8!!!  What a joy she sure is.  All my students love her.  One is afraid of dogs so I always have all the dogs blocked.  I will not force our dogs on anyone.  It is mean and rude to do that, especially if the child is afraid.  I was afraid of dogs for the longest time growing up.  I was walking past a house in our sub and that family's dog jumped over their fence, pinning me down.  I was screaming.  I was not very old.  Early elementary age, I think.  The family was in the back yard but they weren't paying attention to their dog.  They didn't even notice it wasn't in their yard.  a neighbor was pulling in our sub and happen to see my pinned to the ground by a big dog.  He and his wife hopped out of their car to help me.  It seemed to me it took a long time for him to get the attention of the owners in the backyard.  I, naturally, was still rather upset and crying while she was trying to calm me down.  I do remember them driving me home.  They knew where I lived as they were neighbors.  They told my mom what happened and boy was she mad.  I finally calmed down.  I avoided walking anywhere near that house for years.  They moved several years after that incident.  So, like I said, I understand being afraid of dogs.

I have been so so so nauseated these past few weeks.  The heat has really gotten to me and so has the pain.  Generally, the meds I take help enough to take the edge off.  Not these last few weeks.  I have also had way more migraines than usual.  I know a lot of it is the weather and the changes of the weather but not all of it.

I am hungry so I am going to go and get something to eat now.  I hope your 4th of July was a good one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment