Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday 7-14

I had a new little guy today.  Cameron is 4.  He was very shy but eventually he played on the piano.  His dad sat with him.  I explained that it is very important for little ones his age to have their parent with him when he has a lesson and practice.  His dad agreed.  I am very lucky about that.

Camille did awesome as usual.  She is about to move into the Keith Snell books.  She is excited about how she will pick her songs.  I have all the songs on CD and she will pick by what she likes on the CD.  She is also excited because this means more fun music for her.  I simply adore that young lady.  She is just an amazing girl.  Her younger sister, Ella is going to start soon too.  Her little sisters look so much like her.  They are all so cute and sweet.  Camille is such a good piano player.  She really is.  I would say she is one of the best I have ever had.  She is very gifted.  I have had other gifted students, but she is definitely one of the best.  I did mention piano competition to her today but she has months to think about it.

I am watching the new American Girl Movie called McKenna.  I only saw the last hour though.  I didn't know it was on so I missed the first hour.  It is definitely something that eventually I will have to get.  I have another American Girl movie called Kit.  I liked that one a lot too.  The American Girl movies are usually very well done and this is no exception.  I need to get the Molly movie, the Felicity movie, and the Samantha movie.

We have had a brief break in the super hot weather this week.  So far, 90 is the highest unlike last week where we hit triple digits and super high humidity.  The humidity hasn't been too bad either so that is good.  I haven't had as many bad headaches this week since the humidity and the heat are down a bit.  I can't believe I actually think 90 is a break but compared to last week?  It certainly is.  Next week only Monday and Tuesday will be in low to mid 90s, the rest will be in the mid 80s, even better than this week!

Tuesday, I go see the new neurologist.  I am a bit anxious about this since the last time I went was in 2008.  I know that there isn't much they can do about the everyday headache.  I don't know why, but 2 different neurologists have told me that.  I am not sure what can be done about the bad ones though.  That is why I am going.  In the last 6 months I have had a rise in bad headaches again.  The last time that happened was in 2008 and I ended up in the hospital for a week.  I really don't want to go through that one again.  I like being hospital free.  It is nice and my bed is much more comfortable that a hospital bed.

Well, I think it is time to read since McKenna movie is over.  It had a nice ending.  I am going to have to get it so I can see the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment