Sunday, July 1, 2012

first of July!

It is Canada Day today!  Most of my relatives live in Canada while my brother and I are the two who live in the USA.  When I was small, we celebrated both Independence Day and Canada Day.  Mom always had both flags on the table for a centerpiece.  It is just one of the things that Mom did.  She said we needed to know about both where we were from and where we lived.

I had a couple of lessons today.  Yesterday, I had one lesson and then I went to Charlie's graduation party.  It was a lot of fun.  I went with Heather B-T and family.  Acer and Calli were in the water pretty much the entire time, which is not a surprise knowing those two.  Acer and Calli love swimming.  Calli went tubing too and she rode in the boat 2 times.  She was one excited girl.  Acer went on the boat too. I am glad they had such a good time.  I did too.  I did not make the same mistake I did last year, which is go down to the water.  There reason?  There are about 69 steps to get to the water and well, that is about 60 too many for me.  I did that last year and about passed out climbing back up.  It was difficult and I wasn't going to do that again.

I get my girls tomorrow for their lessons.  I am so glad about that.  I missed them.  They were on vacation last week.  I have seen some of the pictures and it looks like they had a good time.  I am glad they are home.  I want to see the movie "Brave" in the next few weeks.  It looks like it will be a good movie.  It just looks really cute.  I know the girls want to see it too.

I woke up in the middle of the night with something important to tell Kathy.  The problem?  When I got up this morning, I forgot what I wanted to tell her.  I thought perhaps if I called her I would remember.  Yup, that didn't work.  Next time, I will get up and go and write it down.  I did remember to call Jessica to see when Brianna is going to have her lesson this week.  It was kind of funny because Kathy finally had the house to herself and she was bored.  I thought that was pretty funny.  Of course, she wasn't feeling too well either.  She is just getting over a summer cold.  Those are so bad.

My friend, Andrea, posted the sweetest thing on my face book page!  She is such a lovely person!  I just wish she lived closer to me.

Well, time to look and see what music I need for the week and get it ready!  Another musical week begins tomorrow with my lovely Muglia girls!  They are the first for lessons this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment