Friday, February 1, 2013

The First of February - EECK! Where did January Go!

Today is the first of February.  That means that in 21 days, 4 of my students will be at competition.  I, for one, am sooooo not prepared for this.  I will use the 21 days to really polish up the performances.  For my 3 singers, only Becca has competed before.  It will be the first time for Breanna and Natalie.  For the piano girl, it is the first time for Sarah.  Sarah is a very sweet and talented young lady.

Next Friday, the carpet that is missing on my stairs will be installed.  It is only 6 stairs and I have the carpet but not the padding.  Angela, the installer, will be bringing the padding.  Also, she would like to buy the shuffleboard, which is sooooooo awesome!  We need the space that it is in and since my standing isn't very good, I don't see the need to keep it.  That is one more thing done for that room.  Next on my list is the formal living room furniture.  We need the space for other things and really, the furniture set is too big for the space it is in.  The round table and chairs also need a new home for.  The chairs are not that study and while it looks really cool, the practicality of them is not good.  There will be a new table and chairs in its place.  They will be a bit smaller but that is okay.  I have other tables I can use for sewing if I need them.

It is getting colder again today.  It is supposed to be very chilly next week, back into the 20s with lots of wind chill.  It is Michigan, so it isn't like this is unexpected weather.

I have a list of things that need to be done in the next 5 weeks.  I think with help and pacing, it shouldn't be a problem to get it all done.  The first of the list is the carpet for the stairs and that will be next Friday!  On to the next project.  I need to clean out my office.  I want to have all the music put away except for the stuff I am actually at this time, using.  The other music needs to be put away.  Also, I need to get some more sleeves for CDs and switch out the cases for all the teaching CDs.  I am running out of room of where to put them so this is a necessity at this time.  Also, the original CDs also need to be placed in sleeves instead of their bulky cases because they are not all fitting in that case.  Overall, the music needs to be put away, the books and sheet musics and the CDs.

Emily is having her lesson today along with Antoinette.  Today will be Antoinette's last lesson for a while.  I am so sad about this.  She is such a nice young woman.  She says she will be back after she is done teaching dance.  I hope she comes back.  Tomorrow is a bit busier because Natalie and Acer are having their makeup lessons.  I would rather have makeup lessons than to miss lessons so I am glad they both wanted to reschedule the lesson.

I am looking forward to Sunday when I attend Lydia's 16th birthday party.  She is such a wonderful girl.  she is so sweet, talented, beautiful young lady.  It is hard to believe that she is 16.

Well, I am going to have a tea before Emily arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment