Monday, June 25, 2012

a funny thing happened at the bookstore yesterday

Well, I met with Star yesterday.  I picked her up and we went to the bookstore together.  We had a nice time chatting together.  We talked a lot about dance.  Both Star and I danced for a very long time.  She through out her childhood and me through out high school and college.  I do miss dance and I would love to dance again, but with my illnesses, there is no way I could ever dance again.  Star also has fibromyalgia and her hips, knees, and feet are messed up from dance.  I can totally sympathize because my hips, knees, and ankles are bad from dance too.  So anyways, Star and I were getting ready to leave because the store was closing and this man walks up to me.  He asks me if I am married.  I said no, then he asked if he could give me his phone number and would I call him?  Oh my, what can I say?  I did say yes, although I don't have any intention of calling him.  I just don't.  I didn't know what to say so I didn't really say anything.  It has been years since I was hit on.  It was such a shock to me.  I was stunned and speechless (I know, speechless, me?)

I got my blood tests results back that Dr. A ordered.  She is my arthritis doctor.  My hemoglobin is very low, much lower than they were in November, which tells her somewhere I am bleeding again.  She is going to have iron studies done.  I have another test I need to do for the tummy doctor so I will do it this week.  I keep forgetting about it.  It just isn't at the top of my mind or list of things to do but I will do them now.

I had a busy morning and early afternoon today.  Isaac had his lesson earlier than usual because his mom had a conflict at his regular time.  Rachel and Brianna had their lessons before I went to physical therapy.  Physical therapy went okay, not great, but okay.  I am happy with how things are going but my physical therapist really isn't since the pain level doesn't seem to go down past a 5.  For me, 5 is a good number.  I usually have pain around a 5 on the scale of 1 to 10.  The pain is better and I keep telling him it is.  At night, when the pain is the worst, it is much better than it used to be.

Well, I am getting a bit tired now.  Time to do a bit of reading before heading to the comfy bed.

1 comment:

  1. well, how fun, and what a surprise for you! You should call...I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Friday, August 28, 2026

  It looks so beautiful outside.  The sun is shining and the trees rustling their leaves in the breeze.  Naturally, these trees are growing ...