Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday 6-16

Wow, it is the end of the week already.  I don't remember a week going so fast.  I remember Wednesday and the suddenly, it is Saturday.  I was going to hang out with my friend, Star but she is not feeling too well and having a rough day.  Maybe next week as I won't have any lessons again for the weekend.  Kelly wants to get together too so maybe the three of us can hang out together.

I am watching RV on TV again.  I have the movie and I have seen it several times.  It is a very funny movie, very funny.  Then again, it is Robin Williams.  Kristen Chenoweth is also in it and I just love her.  She sings beautifully too.

Tomorrow is Father's Day.  I tend to ignore that day.  It is a day that I use to buy Mom stuff because in reality she had to be both Mom and Dad from the time I was young.  I actually really don't remember him at all.  I only know what he looks like because I found an old photo album that had a picture of him in it.  it does make sense that I don't remember him as I haven't seen in over 35 years.  I don't really know if he is even alive at this point, although I doubt it.  He would be 80 something at this point.  I tried to find him when I was in my 20s, but I didn't.  Last I heard, he was in Texas.  That is where the stepmonster is from.  I didn't like her too much.  She didn't like us either.  I remember right after Dad got remarried (for the 3rd time) she told us to call her Mommy.  Yeah, that didn't fly too much with me as I had a Mommy and she was in Michigan.  At the time, Dad lived in Ohio.  I do hope that tomorrow goes by quickly.

Last night I went to bed super early because I was so tired.  Unfortunately, I woke up again at 2 am and was wide awake for about 30 minutes before going back to sleep.  I woke up on my own at about noon for a change.  I woke before my alarm, which is so unusual for me.  I don't generally wake up before my alarm on a day where I need to get up early for teaching.  I was so excited about lessons today though because Camille is back!  Yes, my little one that had moved and quit because I was too far away, well, she is back!  Camille will have every other week lessons for an hour each.  I am so thankful she is back.  I missed her!  She is such a good student.  Brianna had to cancel and reschedule for next week because of Father's Day.  I was disappointed but it IS Father's Day weekend.  I am not sure when she is going to have her lesson next week, but I should find out next week sometime.  Emily had her lesson today instead of yesterday because she went to a birthday party.  She had a good time.  Apparently, they went swimming and played tag.  All in all, it was a good teaching day since I did have Camille and Emily.  I have no lessons tomorrow.  Tomorrow in church they are going to have a special something for Father's Day.  I imagine afterwards I will be taking my usual after church nap!  Other than that, I have no plans.  I did some laundry today so I am set for the week.

I am not sure how much weight I have lost but these shorts are actually getting a bit big so I am glad about that.  I am trying not to weigh myself because I can get upset over numbers and I am trying to not be upset over numbers.  It is about being healthy, not a number on the scale.  My friend, Missy had the sleeve surgery.  So far she has lost about 140 pounds.  I am so proud of her.  She had the surgery a year ago.  At first she had a lot of problems, but I think they have been worked out.  I did think of surgery a year ago, but since I have a blood disorder, I am not a candidate.  I also know several people who had the different surgeries and have had problems ever since.  I don't want to wait a year to have the surgery too because there is so much stuff you have to do before hand.  But since I am not a candidate, none of it matters in the long run.  Besides, you have to change your eating lifestyle before and after the surgery so I am just changing my eating lifestyle now.  It has been since May 26.  That was the day I changed how and what I ate.  I have done pretty well so far.  I have had a small piece of cake with raspberries in the frosting, but I only ate one piece, which is good for me.  Pretty much each day I have eaten lots of vegetables.  That was my goal, to eat healthier and lots of vegetables.  I have wonderful berries in the fridge right now.  I will have some for dessert tonight.  A bowl of blueberries and strawberries without cream (I don't have any and I don't want any) maybe a bit of milk.  I am working on drinking more milk.  That is still rather hard since I don't eat a lot of cereal anymore.  I did buy some better for me cereal since the type that I have in the house is Captain Crunch, which is FILLED with sugar.  I am starting to feel a bit better with the pain level now that I eat better.  I figure in about a year I will have lost a lot a weight and I will really be feeling better.  I do not expect all the fibro pain to go away because I will still have Fibro, but it should help some of the arthritis pain as well as some fibro pain.

Anyways, I will be heading to bed in a short while.  I am still on Harry Potter number 6.  I am not sure if I will finish it tomorrow or not, but I am not in a hurry so it doesn't matter when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment