Sunday, August 26, 2012

the last several days

Thursday -

I miss Mom so much today.  She has been on my mind a lot these past few days.  I am not sure exactly why as it isn't a birthday or anniversary or any special day of hers, just a regular day.  I have so much I want to tell her and sometimes it just explodes inside my head.  Today, seems to be one of those type days.  I am much better than I used to be.  The tears and being upset or sad all the time is mostly managed.  Yes, I still cry at times but those are not so many times now like they were when she first died.  I do still some days think when I wake up, oh, time to go and get mom, and then I remember, no I don't have to go and get mom ready for the day.  She is ready for the day in Heaven.  I just want to be with her.  I have many friends who want the same thing.  It does help a lot to know I am not alone in this.  I am thankful for the friends I have because without them, it would be much harder.  I know I will see her again someday and that helps too, but like my friend, Chantal, I want it now not later!  We are both impatient to be with our mothers again.

Sunday 8-26

Well, so much for finishing the post I started on Thursday.  What can I say?  I got distracted.  Yesterday was my cousin, Lia's wedding.  She was such a beautiful bride!  It was a very nice wedding and I enjoyed myself.  I did have to leave a bit earlier that I expected too because my head was really sore by the end of dinner before the dancing started.  I wasn't planning to dance either since I can't stand up long enough to dance but overall, it was a good night.  I finally met my cousin, Danielle's little guy.  Miles is about 10 months now and I got to play with him twice.  Kayla didn't bring Phoenix so I didn't get to see her but that is okay.  I am sure I will see her and her brother, Warren, soon.  The little ones are so cute.  Andrew, my younger brother, was also there.  He seems like he is doing well.  He moved again and is very happy with his new apartment.  I was glad to see him at the wedding.

I am getting a bit tired now so I am going to read for a bit before I go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. you are not alone but I think that you manage it much better than I do. I miss my mom so much that it physically hurts some days. Having my faith tested and rattled lately has not helped much to ease my sorrow. You will be with her before you know it.

    ReplyDelete