Wednesday, August 22, 2012

wednesday 8-22

It was a lovely day outside today.  The sun was shining and the sky was a blue blue blue with white puffy clouds, my favorite type of day.  The temperature was just right, not too hot, not too cold.  I had 2 lessons today.  Antoinette had to reschedule to Friday because her dog is sick and has to go the vet tonight.

I had lunch with my friend, Wendy today too.  It was lots of fun.  I see her every few months and we have a good time together.  I am hoping to see Jen sometime next month after school starts for her children.  Jen auditioned for her local community theatre and she got a part!  I was so happy for her.  We spent some time working together on her music so she would be ready and the hard work paid off.  I am going to see Jen in the play sometime in October.  I will be going on Sunday afternoon.  It should be a good time.  The music to the musical is rather funny.  The name of the musical is "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change".  Jen was very excited when she told me she got a part.  This past Monday was the first day of practicing for her.

My cousin, Lia, is getting married on Saturday.  I am going to the wedding.  My aunt, uncle, and several cousins will be there too.  Lia and Rick's daughter, Esther will be one of the flower girls.  My young cousin, Elizabeth will be the other one.  I hope I remember to bring my camera.  I have a tendency not to remember so I just hope that I do.  I think my younger brother, Andrew will be there also.  It will be the first time I will see Maia since she was diagnosed with cancer earlier this summer.  She has been going to chemotherapy every three weeks and will have her surgery soon.  It all depends on her MRI and how the cancer is doing.

On Friday, my aunt and uncle are supposed to come over.  I am not sure what time or anything.  They have some packages that they need to pick up and take home.  Hayley also has a package to pick up too but I am not bringing it the wedding because I don't want to pay duty on her package and when you bring packages across the border sometimes you have to pay duty.  I do have to get Lia her wedding present.  I am going to get them tomorrow.  I have to get a nice card to and then sign both mine and my brother's names since I told him I would.  I already know what I am going to get her, I just have to go and pick it up.

I am hoping that this fall I may be able to attend the support group meetings for fibro again.  I had to stop going because I was teaching at that time.  I am not sure if I will be able to or not but I will try.  I did enjoy them when I used to go.  They are on Mondays, once a month.  I think it is on the 2nd Monday of the month.  I just checked, it is.  The September meeting is about social security disability so I am not sure I will attend that one since I don't really need any new info on that.  About once a year, this firm comes in to talk about the process of getting disability and how to apply, appeal if necessary.

My new student, Eliana is 6.  She is so cute.  She more comfortable with the right hand (treble clef) than she is with the left hand (bass clef).  I need to get her the theory book that goes with the book she is using.  I am hoping that she will learn the bass clef notes down very soon.  I think she will do very well.  I also have a young man (11) going to start next week, Tuesday.  I will be calling his mom tomorrow to introduce myself to her.  Allison had her lesson today.  She is working on "On My Own" from the Les Miserables.  I simply love that musical so much.  It has been made into a movie and one of my favorite actresses is in it, Anne Hathaway.  Hugh Jackman is also in it too.  I just can't wait to see it in the movies.  Allison is also working on a song from Mary Poppins the Broadway, "Practically Perfect".  It is such a cute song.  Her Italian piece is giving her a bit of a fit right now, but I think in a week or so, she will have it down pat.  Overall, I am rather pleased with her progress.  Tomorrow I have 5 lessons, my 2 little ones, Faith, Dede, and Wama.  Dede and Wama are doing super well.  They started in January and are already in their 3rd book.

I am going to read for a bit now before I head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment