Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday 4-6

It is so hard to imagine what this means to me and other people at times.  How do you explain feelings of total awe that someone loves you so much that not only did He die for you, He went through pure torture for you, without a thought of Himself?  I marvel at that.  I would like to think that I would die for someone I love instead of them but how do I really really know unless I am confronted with that situation?  Anyways, the miracle of Easter is very awe inspiring to me.

Sunday is my birthday.  I will be 44.  Oh my.  I remember when I was younger (in my teens), I thought 44 was sooooo old.  Now, I don't think it is old at all.  My body feels old, but my spirit feels young.  I met up with some wonderful students and their parents for ice cream at the local Baskin Robbins.  Oh my, what a joyous occasion it was!  Several were able to attend so I was very pleased.  Even my neighbors, the Hubels were able to attend.  I had such a good time.  Aggie was there and she was very excited to see Acer and Calli as well as meet some of the newer students and their siblings.  Camille, Wama, Deema, Lulu, Mina, Ella, Acer, Calli, Antoinette, and her nephew were there as well as Carolyn, Peter, Sean, Rachael, and Melissa Hubel.  I had such a good time.  It looked like they all had fun too.  Surprisingly, I got some really nice presents!  I was not expecting presents!  I got a new salt and pepper shaker, a stuffed bunny that is just adorable, some beautiful flowers, wonderful cards from the students, and a beautiful snowman mug.  I really liked what I got.  It as such a surprise.  I also got a beautiful basket filled with a garden type stick that has a stone that says inspire as well as a chocolate bunny and chocolate eggs.  Yum on the chocolate!  Overall, it was a lovely day shared with lovely people.  I had a very good time.

Calli and Acer had their lessons this evening.  Both are doing very well.  Calli was finishing up putting both hands of Minuet in G by J. S. Bach.  She is playing that for the spring concert.  Calli is going to sing "Once Upon a Dream" while Acer will be singing "Summertime" and playing "Heigh Ho".  Acer and I finished "Heigh Ho" today at the lesson.  My friend, Kelly Lynn's friend, is going to see about changing the key of Summertime for Acer and I.  I hope it sounds okay and does well.  I should be getting it back after Monday.

On Wednesday, Kelly Lynn, Star, and I went out after I finished teaching.  We went to Barnes and Nobles and were there until it closed then we went to Ram's Horn.  We stayed until 1:30 am.  Oh my, it was so much fun.  I was so exhausted the next day though!  I had to get up early for an appointment with the tummy doctor.  I have to get a tummy scope again.  Ugh, although since I have been having major issues with the tummy again, I guess I have no choice.

My tummy is getting super upset so I am heading to lie down.  I just don't feel so good right now.

Okay, I guess the doctor is right in getting me a tummy scope.  For some time now, I have had upset stomachs for no reason.  Usually, I can talk myself out of it and calm my tummy down, well, apparently, not tonight.  Thank goodness for the empty box right near me.  I get so upset when I get an upset tummy for no reason.  My stomach is fine now, naturally.  I don't get it.  Why is this happening?  I don't understand.  I also have been getting super full about 1/2 hour or so after I have eaten.  I don't have to eat much or even a lot, it just happens.  It is very frustrating.  I suppose I will have some answers in a couple of weeks when I go for the scope.  I hate these scopes though.  I think one time I got sick in the middle of it.  Since I was asleep, I never noticed, thankfully!  Well, on the 16th at 9:15 am, I will have the scope and hopefully some answers.  I am just tired of this happening.  I think I really am going to lie down for a while.  It isn't anywhere near when I go to bed usually, but this has been a rough night now.  As soon as the washer is finished with my clothes, I am heading to bed.  Good night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great Easter and birthday weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find out let me know! My Rheumatologist thinks I have Fibro but Im waiting for blood tests regarding RA (8 months ago they were positive). But all this started two yeears ago with nausea and spasms in my abdomen. I too get nauseous and a feeling of "fullness" disproportionate ot what I eat.

    My Doctor did put me on Potassium supplements which have helped my energy immensely but also resulted in more intestinal pain and nausea. I did find on the internet there is an intestinal polyp that "leaks" potassium - lack of potassium causes muscle and joint crampe/pain and fatigue. Hope this helps you! I'm 44 also and have a 6 year old brilliant, active daughter...I hate days when I am too "out of sorts" to keep up with her.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete