Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday 8-24

Tomorrow is the Nursing Home concert for the students.  There are only 12 songs in the concert tomorrow.  I am slightly disappointment in that there are only about 10 students performing as usually we have about 14 to 15 performing but the scheduling just didn't work for a few of the others.  It will be a short one but that is okay, for this type of performance, we don't want a long concert.  It is during the residences ice cream social.  It is a good time to go and perform for the residents.

Today was a slightly busy with a few lessons.  Ryan came this afternoon since he was running really behind yesterday and I had such a bad headache.  It really worked best for both of us to reschedule to today.  Karen had her lesson and so did Rick.  I am pleased with the both of them.  Karen is really coming along since she hasn't played since she was a child.  She has had 2 lessons at this point.  I think we have both decided that she is in the proper books and she also has fun stuff too, not just the classical music but a nice mixture.  Rick has started a few new pieces and is doing very well too.  He started "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera and a new Beatles piece.

My head still hurts pretty bad but not quite as bad as last night.  That was the worst of all.  It was terrible, simply terrible.  I do hope that tonight is much better.  I really do.  I have to be up by about 12:30 tomorrow so that I can print the order of the songs and pick up Star for the concert.  She is such a sweet girl.  She is singing an opera song.  I can't believe she is 26 years old now.  It blows my mind how fast she grew up.

Acer and Calli sound so sweet with their duet.  They really do.  They argued a bit today about their song but basically they did okay.  I just hope tomorrow they can get through it without bickering with each other.  Acer has decided on Summertime.  I am not sure if he is using the ipod or not.  We shall see.  I am bringing the piano music and my ipod speakers in case he is planning on using his ipod.

After the concert we often go and get ice cream but not tomorrow.  Many of the students have things they have to do so we won't be able to do it.  I don't mind since I don't really need the ice cream at all and I don't particularly have a test for it right now.  I am not crazy about ice cream like my mother was. Momma ate ice cream everyday until about 4 months before she died.  I only eat it once in a while.  I have to be in the mood for it.  I like plainer ice cream too not so much the extra chocolate or rich type stuff with lots of chocolate candy or Carmel or things like that.

My back is stiffer tonight than usual.  I don't really know why, it just is.  I hope it feels better tomorrow.  I am sure it will.

I have started taking magnesium at lunch and dinner.  It is supposed to help with digestion and pain level.  I think it has started to help some.  I will know more in the future.

Bill and I were watching Game of Thrones.  We didn't realize that the TV was on rather loud so we turned it down.  We don't want Calli or Acer to hear it at all.  That is the main reason we watch it at night after they go to bed.  There is bad language and violence in it that we just don't want them to hear.    The show is definitely not for teens or children.  It is most definitely an adult type show.  I really enjoy the show a lot though.  We have to watch 2 episodes tomorrow because it is due back on Monday.  I can't wait for the next 2 discs.  So far we have only watched 2 episodes though.

Well, off to words with friends or reading for bed.  I am rather tired now so I may just read instead of words with friends.  I will figure that out when I get upstairs in my room.  I am debating on which to wear for the concert tomorrow, either the pink or the blue skirt.  I will see what my mood strikes me to know what I will wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment