Friday, August 16, 2013

TGIF???? 8-16

I am not sure if I am glad it is Friday as I do have a lesson on Saturday.  Other than that there isn't much going on.  I may go and see Tilley and the family but I am not positive yet.  I have my little Ryan today.  He is such a sweet young man.  He is 6 now and is going into 1st grade.  Ryan is doing very well with piano.  His younger brother, Nick, may start too.  I don't know for sure though.  His mom is working with him at home to see if he is interested.  The boys are such sweet boys.  They really are.  Robyn has had to take a couple weeks off of lessons to get things together and then she will have them again.  Acer is at camp with Calli and Natalie is on vacation.  Friday is a busy day for lessons.  I think next week my Emily will be back and boy, I can't wait to see her.  I miss her so much!  I really do!!!  She has been in Poland for the summer and I do hope she has really enjoyed herself.  I will find out next week!

It is soooooo quiet in the house as I am the only one home.  With both kids at camp and Heather, Bill, Maisy, and Brandon all out for the moment, it is awfully silent around here.  I don't mind as it is nice to have some silence mixed in with the commotion of everyone being here.  I am enjoying the view out of my window and I even have seen some new flowers poking their heads through!

Ryan finished his lesson.  He just learned a new hand position and it is giving him a smidge of trouble.  He did much better with it today than he did last week when it was brand new.  Ryan has a really good memory so when he does his flashcards, he does a really good job even with the new notes thrown in.  I expect that in a few weeks, it will be super easy for him.  I am going to switch to the regular Alfred books after this level since I think the prep books will be too easy for him by the time we get to level D, plus, I really dislike the level D book.  Parts are okay and parts are not.  It just seems that at the end of level 1B, D, and 4 they throw in stuff just to learn and who cares that it sounds awful or at least that is what I think.  I switch to more original classical music for level 4.  It seems to interest the students much more.  The exception in Isabella and that is because she is new to me but not new to piano.  It will be the same with the new student tomorrow, Karen.  I am looking forward to meeting her.  She sounds really nice on the phone.  Her first lesson is tomorrow.

I am anxiously awaiting the second season of Game of Thrones.  I will miss the 2 characters that they killed off, but I can't wait to see what happens with the kids, Arya and Sensa.  They are such strong girls.  I have to read the books too and right now I am finishing up a different series but I will get to that soon.

I have to plan the Christmas presents soon.  With all the things I need to get (hearing aids, pay off 2012 property taxes, and save for a car) I have to get them over a few months.  I can't wait until December because then no one will get anything.  I have an idea of what to get Kathy's kids.  They aren't too hard, the girls are the hardest but I will have suggestions from Kathy and I will go to the craft store and see what I can pick up for them.  Her boys are so easy.  They love itunes so I get them itune cards.  Acer and Calli are a bit harder although I think I know what I am getting Calli and I have a good idea of what I am getting Acer.  With his love of percussion, I am going to scout out some percussion sound effect instruments.  He doesn't have any of those yet so that is what I am going to look for.  Heather and Bill, I know what I am getting them, they are easy.  My students are a bit more difficult as I don't know what type of ornament to make.  I know I am making them something, I just don't know what yet.  It will get easier when September rolls around and I start thinking seriously about it.

Speaking of competition, all the stuff is due the week before Christmas.  I am worried that it could have an impact with the entries.  I hope not, but it might.  I will get the stuff together to hand out to students by the beginning of September.  I must be tired as I just wrote march and had to delete to write September.  Oh my.  What can I say?  I am tired.

Everyone is home but the kids now.  Maisy was very excited that all her people were home together.  I got out of my car and she came running to me.  She was so happy to see me and boy, was I so happy to see her!  I did enjoy myself with the extra peace and quiet, but I am glad she and the others are home.  I have a new recipe for a new drink to try here at home.  I have to get some Cinnamon sticks and apples.  You slice apples thinly and put it one Cinnamon stick, put in bottom of pitcher, add 1/2 with ice and then water.  It is healthy and supposed to taste really good so I will try it.  We have lots of pictures.

Heather B-T, Maisy, and I toured the gardens in our house.  Heather B-T has been busy all spring and summer working on the yard.  The flowers are blooming and I think the yard is shaping up nicely.  We are keeping the one rose bush that Mom planted but all the others that mom planted died years ago so everything else will be new.

Well, I am off to play words with friends and then reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment