Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I made an important decision today.  I will open a music studio again.  Not a store, or band and orchestra rentals, or selling anything besides lessons!  Just lessons.  I already have one teacher ready to join me and I have called a couple of others.  I hope to hear from them soon.  I plan to open on September 14, 2009.  I have two pianos here at home (what is left of my store!) that I will transport to the new studio.  I am just waiting on the owner of the building to call me.  I hope she calls me soon.  I've left a message.  If not, I will call other places along Van Dyke to see what their rents are.  Somehow, someway, we will open on Sept 14.  I am going to ask some of my students to help me pass out flyers in the area.  I can't afford newspaper advertising right now.  I hope to be able to put something in the paper by October/November.  I won't need any employees because the teachers will be subcontractors and take care of their money and pay me for rent.  That seems to be the easiest to do.  That way, I don't have to deal with payroll and taxes and such things.  Mom can answer the phone for me while I teach and she can check students in.  She is able to do that much I think.  It will keep her busy too so she will be happier.  We won't be staring into each other here at home for much longer!  Yeah.  I feel so much better since I decided this.

Pain level is high today with my knee joining in.  I know that it is the arthritis kicking in.  It has been doing that for 2 days.  Yuck, oh, and my pain killers are out and the pharmacy is waiting for the doctor to call back.  Oh well, it will be soon (I hope!) The doctor can take up to 5 days to call a pharmacy back, I forgot about that when I called in the refill.  My other refill, I have to call the doctor on because they won't refill it over the phone.  I don't understand why, but oh well.

I hope this finds you doing well and having a good day.  The sun is finally coming out!  Yeah!  No more rain?!

No comments:

Post a Comment