Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday 1/18

It has been a few days since I posted.  Sometimes, it seems that time is drifting away from me.  I am often a bit foggy during the day sometimes.  I do have trouble with concentrating at times.

Today has been a medium to bad headache day.  I hope tomorrow will be better.  I don't have too many plans for the weekend.  I plan to just have a good, low keyed weekend.

Acer had his lesson today.  When he was working on his piano music, we talked about block and broken chords.  He got the concept immediately, which does not surprise me as he usually only needs to be told once when it comes to music.  So then we switched to his vocal lesson.  He was warming up when he said that when I change the key of the warm up, it is a block chord and when he does his he he he exercise, it is a broken chord.  He was right.  That is exactly what we do.  I should not have been as surprised as I was though since music is something he does understand right away.  He is a very musical young man.

I am in the middle of rearranging the dining room.  The desk is now on its way to the Muglia residence.  I also had an old but still working scanner.  Because I have a mac and I use the operating system 10, it is no longer compatible with the scanner.  I am glad it went to a good home.  My dining room table is slowly moving into the spot it belongs.  I had the small folding table brought down from a bedroom upstairs so that my printers and DVD player would have something to sit on until the office is ready for them.  I think that the girls will really be able to use these things so they can continue to create their artwork.  I think they are very talented as does Star, who is their art teacher.  I really I want to help my students reach their goals in life.  I am hoping that I will have a movie marathon soon with the girls.  On Monday, the girls brother, Patrick will be starting piano.  He is very good at figuring out melodies on the piano.  I am anxious to hear what he will be able to do.  I also think that Patrick and Acer would be good to play duets together.  We shall see how well he will do.  Natalie will not be taking lessons right now.  She would like to learn some stuff on her own.  I told her it is not a problem.  Hannah is not sure if she is going to or keep going.  She and Natalie are at the point where they can play a lot of really hard songs.  I do think that maybe they should do a bit more in theory, but overall, it is completely what they would like to do.  I will still bring them music to play.  We saw Les Miserables and I have ordered the music for them.  I hope it is a piano solo version.  I will find out when I get it.  One has been sent so I should get it hopefully tomorrow.

I am going to read for a bit and then head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment