Wednesday, January 9, 2013

midweek! 1-9





I am getting back into the swing of things (well, sort of).  I have 2 lessons tomorrow and I believe that is all.  Faith is such a good student.  She lives down the road from me and her family are very good neighbors.  I would say that many of the neighbors in my subdivision are very good neighbors.  I also do get a small thrill to just go down the stairs to the living room to teach.  So much easier than going out to a studio or people's house.  With the health issues, it wouldn't really be possible to do that at this point.  It is easier also because if I need something, I have it in the house.  Also, if students are absent or don't show up, I am already home so that is good.  Although, I don't have too many just not show up.  Usually, all my students let me know they are going to be absent.

I am doing pretty well with the eating healthy.  I really feel better, not necessarily physically better, but a better frame of mind when I eat better.  I still have been having a problem with the lightheadedness.  I get light headed so easy.  I know part of it is the medicine.  I am hoping that in the future that I won't need so much medicine.  I am looking at trying to control pain with vitamins and such.  I have read that when we have vitamin deficiencies that it can cause more symptoms of fibro and everything that goes with it.  The bruise on my calf is getting better.  The red spot isn't too hot anymore so I know it is not a blood clot.  I think the danger of the blood clot is over.  I am hoping so at least.  The center of the bruise is still hard like a lump.  I don't really know how long it will take to go away, but it does get better everyday.  It just feels weird and is still swollen.  Then again, my legs, feet, and hands are often swollen.  I don't know why, they just are.

My headache is doing about the same.  It is bad in the morning and in the evening but during the afternoon it isn't so bad.  At this point, I expect when I see Dr. Rossi again we will probably change to a different medicine since at the higher doses caused me to hallucinate and the lower dose doesn't work too well.  I mean, it IS better than nothing, but not as well as I know she would like it to work.  It is nice to work with a doctor who's goal for me is to not have an everyday headache.  I look forward to that day too.  I can't remember what it is like to not have a headache of some sort.  Yes, sometimes I am able to ignore it because I am so used to it.  I used to think that it was just a part of fibro and I had to just learn how to live with it like everything else.  Maybe I won't have to just learn to live with it.  I have noticed that when I am sitting or lying down, I don't have a problem with light headedness, only when I am standing or walking.  I am not sure what that really means except that I am light headed when I stand or walking.  I do know that one of the side effects of some of the medicine is light headedness or dizziness so I don't really think it is anything to worry about.

I am hoping that this weekend, I will have some help taking down the Christmas tree and the decorations.  Acer has expressed interest in helping.  He wants to take down the decorations that are on the railings in the hallways.  It depends on whether or not Calli has homework or goalball to know if she can help too.  I think if I just do a bit everyday, then it won't be such a huge job.  The tree is about 5 or so feet and completely covered in decorations and I mean completely.  I don't think there is any branch that doesn't have at least 1 ornament and some even have 2 or 3 ornaments on the branch.  I would have to say that the kids did an amazing job decorating.  Everything looked so festive and beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment