Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday 1-8

I had a new student tonight, Nick.  He is in 8th grade and very musical.  So far, I have had 3 new students.  Of course, this balances out the 5 that have stopped lessons at this time.  You have to be super flexible for teaching and realize that changes can be made from one week to the next.  Nothing is written in stone, so to speak.  I am thankful that it usually evens out eventually.

Kathy's birthday will be on Thursday.  She will be 45.  I will be 45 in April.  It is so strange at times, this passing of life.  I don't feel 45 or even have a clue of how a 45 year old even feels.  My spirit hasn't gotten any older than how I felt when I was young and much more carefree.  However, I must confess that my physical body feels very, very, very old at times.  I think everyone has moments with feeling old and feeling young.

I have no memory of actually meeting Kathy, none at all.  I also cannot remember a time when we were not friends outside of childhood arguments and such typical behavior.  However, our friendship has lasted the test of time.  From what our parents have told us, Kathy and I met in our church Sunday School.  Both my mother and her parents say that we met around 3 years old.  When I was 5 and starting Kindergarten, Mom said that it was thanks to Kathy being in the same class as me that saved her from a major meltdown from me.  Mom had talked to me about Kindergarten and what I would be doing, she neglected to tell me I had to stay in school all morning.  See, I thought you went to school, got your work and then went home to do your work with Mom.  I was about to start the meltdown when Mom pointed out that Kathy was in my class and there was an empty seat right next to her.  I sat next to her for the rest of the day and for the rest of the year.  It was good that we ended up at the same school since we saw each other a lot.  We had many play dates as children.  Kathy and I would play games, read, listen to music, and everything else two young girls would do.  I remember in 6th grade I got very angry at Kathy, I remember a bit about it but not really.  I do remember that in band she and I were sent into the practice room to work our disagreement.  I think it took a while to get over it.  I don't remember too much about it but I do know that talking to Mom made it okay and then Kathy and I were fine again.  I think that was the longest time we were upset and angry with each other.  I also remember when she got married.  I was so excited for her.  Kathy was so exhausted by time the wedding day arrived that I think I was a bit more bouncing off the walls than she was.  It was a glorious day.  I also remember the day I met each of her children.  Being an aunt is a great thing and I am glad that she considers me a part of her family.  Her children are the light of my life as is many of my students are.

This afternoon, I was checking facebook and I suddenly couldn't remember what day it was.  I was totally freaked for a few minutes as I thought I missed Kathy's birthday.  I quickly checked my planner for the date and realized that no, Thursday will be her birthday, not today.

I am watching NCIS.  Oh my, this was a really good episode.  It is a very sad one too since Vance's wife dies as well as Ziva's father.  NCIS Los Angeles will be on after this one.

My leg hurts more today than it did on Tuesday.  The bruised parts are a bit better as in they are not bright red like they had been.  It just hurts all up and down the leg.  I hope it will be better tomorrow.  My headache is going back down to the regular one.  I am also more light headed today than usual.  I am sure it isn't anything serious.  I am not up for anything serious with everything that is going on.

Ooh, it is time for NCIS Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment