Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Beginning of a New Year 1-1-13

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve.  I certainly did.  Bill and Heather came over with Acer, Calli wasn't feeling too well so she stayed with her grandmother.  Three of Bill and Heather's friends came over also.  It was a lovely way to usher in the New Year.  We decided to move the event from Bill and Heather's to here.  It was nice to spend the time with them.  We played games with Acer, we chatted, and we had some food.  Everyone brought something.  I bought the cutest Christmas cups for the party.

After we ushered in the New Year and everyone went home, I couldn't sleep.  About a half hour later, my head got worse.  I finally got to sleep in the wee hours of the morning.  I just have the regular headache right now.

I don't usually make new year resolutions, I just pick something I want to work on.  This year I plan to keep working on eating healthy and looking at alternatives to control the pain of Fibro, headaches, and everything that goes along with it.  I have been eating healthier since about Memorial weekend.  I will continue to do this.  I got some yummy berries yesterday at the grocery store.  I also got those little cutie oranges.  I like those a lot.  I am focusing on eating more vegetables and fruit.  I think this will help me lose the weight and hopefully the headache medicine will not make me gain weight.  It is an uphill battle at times because of the many medicines.  I am hoping that as I lose the weight, I will be able to be off some of the medicines.  That is the goal of the year though.

I am watching a marathon of Law and Order: SVU.  It is good.  Right now they are running season 13, of which I missed most of it.  I don't really know why, I just did.

I do hope that you are going to have a great year and that 2013 is a less pain and more energy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment