Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 11-6

While I am thankful for living in a country where you have the right to vote, I am one thankful girl that the election season is ending tonight.  I am tired of the negativity that the political process has turned to. I wish more ads were about what the person stands for and not trying to make themselves different as the rip on the opponent.  I also wish the candidates would make promises they can actually keep since many of the promises can't be done because it is the job of congress or another branch of government.

We had our monthly subdivision meeting.  I like to go because I get to see some of my neighbors.  I was thinking ahead to next spring and summer when the young lady who cut my lawn this year will not be home.  I asked my friend if her son was interested in taking care of my lawn.  His mom said he would be.  Thankful for that as even after I lose all the weight, I will not be able to cut my own lawn.  I just don't think I will be able to do that even if I were interested, which I am not.  I am not an outside girl but an inside girl.  I like the sun when it is shining but in the summer it is just wayyyyyy to hot for me.

I have to go to the post office tomorrow to get stamps.  I usually get a few books at one time so I have plenty.  I am not sure how many Christmas Cards I am going to send this year.  I have some Christmas presents bought.  I don't have much to get so I should be done by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment