Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day after the Election 11-7

Face book was rather interesting today with those who were happy about the results and, well, those who were not happy about the results.  Me?  I am just happy that it is all over right now.  There isn't much happening in the house this evening.  I had a few lessons that were fun and the students are doing really well.  Most of the students are choosing their Christmas Music at this time.  Antoinette missed her lesson and I was worried.  She called a few minutes ago.  She had to work until 7:30 so she will come on Friday this week.  I feel so much better now and that she is fine.

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away.  Before we now it, it will be Christmas and then the new year.  I am not completely ready for it.  I have 2 gifts totally finished.  I have a few more to get.  I will be getting them one a week until I am done.  For the family, I will be getting the little ones something.  (Miles, Elizabeth, Jayson, Warren, Esther, and Phoenix)  I have ideas of what I am going to get.  I will start the ornaments for my students this coming weekend.  I have the fabric and now I have a new fabric pencil so I can copy the pattern on the material.  I just have to count how many I need.  I am anxious to get this project started because last time I sewed ornaments for the students, I waited until the last moment and well, I didn't finish in time so I had to get all the students something else.  I am so not going to have this happen again.  This year, I will start early enough.

I have been having trouble with my right now the past few days.  It is really sore.  I hope it improves in the next few days.  Last night was one of the worst nights I think ever.  I woke up with a stomach ache and it was upset.  I took some gravol but it didn't seem to do much good.  I think about 2 1/2 hours later I finally fell asleep.  I hope to never repeat this at all.  I have some problems every so often, but not like it was last night.  I sure hope I don't have it again tonight.

My head isn't super bad tonight, but I must say it is medium bad.  It was good enough during the lessons so that was good.  I need to be able to function during lessons and usually I am able to function just fine.  It is rare that I have to cancel a lesson because of a headache.  I think in 3 years I have cancelled lessons only about 4 or 5 times due to Fibro or its co-conspirators.  Of that, I am most thankful because if I couldn't teach, I would be in a bit of trouble with the financial end.  I may not have a lot of students, but it is the little extra to help with bills not to mention it gives me something to do during the day.  I know I need to rest, but I can't rest all the time.

I am trying to write on facebook everyday what I am thankful for.  I only started a couple of days ago but I am going to try to keep it going.  I am thankful and I know I am one blessed girl.  I have a great support system, which not a lot of fibro people have.  I am glad that I do and I try not to take the support system for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment