Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday 11-27

I had an appointment with the neurologist today.  She "tweaked" my dosage for my medicine.  I have moved up from 100 to 150.  I tried to break the pills, but I couldn't do it.  Thankfully, I still have some left from when I had taken the 25.  I made it work so I have taken my nighttime medicine.  I hope to have some more progress with the bad headaches.  Right now, they are not as often as they used to be.  I get them 3 to 4 days a week instead 5 to 6 days a week.  Also, when I wake up with a bad headache it often goes down to the regular headache in the afternoon and sometimes it doesn't get bad again at night, but sometimes it does.  I know this is weird, but it is an improvement as before if I had a bad headache in the morning, I had it all day.

I had a few lessons this afternoon.  Bob had his today instead of yesterday since he was called into work.  Laith also had his lesson today instead of Thursday because he is busy on Thursday.  He is such a cute little guy.  He pretty much has his Little Drummer Boy down pat.  We spent the entire lesson working on it.  Laith was not really that happy about playing it several times in a row, but he did do it and by the end of the lesson, he was happy with how it sounded.  The other students are doing pretty well with their Christmas Songs too.  Overall, I think everyone will have their songs ready by the 16th. I just have to get started with their ornaments.  You know, Christmas seems so far away for so long until after Thanksgiving.  Then, it seems like it jumps right out at you!  I have 20 days to get this ready. I know I can.  Tomorrow I will be cutting out the ornaments and pinning.  I also need to get some batting but that can wait until the weekend.

Well, it is cold today.  I have noticed that if I take 2 Advil during the afternoon, my knees are better so that is what I have been doing and it does seem to help.  I am going to watch the rest of NCIS Los Angeles before reading a bit before bed.  Today is just a medium bad headache, not a super bad headache.  I hope that the new dosage starts to kick in really soon although I know it takes about 3 to 4 weeks to see if it is going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment