Sunday, December 9, 2012

A medicine side effect or a new issue? oh my!

Last week, early in the week, I noticed my right hand would jerk without me moving my hand.  It would just tremor on its own.  On Thursday, I called the tummy doctor.  I left a message for the Physician Assistant that I usually soon.  She called me back on Friday with directions to cut back on the reglan to 1 instead of 3 a day.  It seems to have helped, but not totally.  I am going to give it a couple more days before I talk to Dr. Gradolph about it.  I hope it is just a side effect from the reglan and not a new problem.  I don't think I could handle another problem.  I really don't think I can.  I know that the tremors or jerking motion can really be because of the reglan as it is something that is checked every time I see the PA.  I usually have to go in every 3 to 4 months to check on the medicine.  I have been taking reglan now for about 4 years without any problems so I am wondering why would it be an issue now?  It is just annoying.

My lovely girls are coming over to help me with the sewing.  With the issues of my hands I have had a hard time sewing.  I hope it is better since the concert is next Sunday.  I don't know why I wait to the last moment for this stuff.  I am thankful that they are coming over to help.  I think it is still really hard to sew because mom and I did it together.  She is the one who taught me to sew.  We would work on projects together a lot.  I did sew projects without her but sewing still reminds me of mom so much.  Mom loved to sew and she was really good at it.  Her tailoring skills were awesome.  She could make a suit that you would think a fancy designer created.  I was good at fancy dresses and not as good as her in the tailoring skills.  I taught Hannah, Lydia, and Natalie how to sew.  They have learned the basics although Lydia has learned how to make several other things too.  Right now, Lydia would like to be a fashion designer.  Who knows if she will or not, she has 2 more years of high school so she has plenty of time to decide what she wants to be and where she will like to go for college.  Natalie and Hannah will be 17 next week.  That just seems impossible to me.  Sarah just turned 9 this September and Lydia will be 16 in February.  How fast time flies.

Maia is doing okay after her breast cancer surgery on Tuesday.  The surgery took longer than originally planned but she is safe and sound recovering at her mom's house.  I have called a few times to see how Maia is doing.  So far, okay, no complications.

Well, I am going to read for a while before bed.  I am rather tired tonight.  The new dosage of the headache medicine does give me dry mouth.  I need to remember to get some of that biotine spray that helps with that.  I hope I remember next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a doctor but I am going to say from experience...the same thing happened to me on reglan. So much so that I went off of it. Hope you get some answers, I hate it when my friends are miserable!

    ReplyDelete