Saturday, October 17, 2009

I had Lily's lesson this afternoon.  She is soooooo cute and adorable and much more interested in singing than she was in piano.  I love listening to how all my students weeks go and what they did and are planning to do.  She is excited about going to camp this week.  She won't miss any lessons either so she is actually happy about that.  She is doing pretty well and is remembering most of the time to keep her eyebrows up.  (An important vocal technique, lifts the muscles which help lift the soft palate to open your throat to let the air in).  We are working on airflow too.  She doesn't want to compete this year which is fine by me.  I don't care if my students do or don't, it is completely up to them.


Pain is high in the shoulder though.  My arm sort of burns today.  My head is normal (the usual daily headache - the one no one can do anything about).  I had to take another pain pill for it.  I try to limit them to nighttime, that's when I really need it, but I couldn't take it anymore.

We are trying a new church tomorrow, Lily's.  We have been there before for her sister Emily's confirmation, but we are going to just a regular service.  It has been a long time since we have regularly been to church and we are very unhappy with the one I grew up in, so we are trying.  The only drawback is that they go to the 9:00 am service, so I have to get up early, and we all know how I am not a morning person.  I will definitely be taking a nap tomorrow.  Mom misses going to church on a regular basis so I hope she likes the church and we will go every week.

I hope this finds you doing well and having a good week.  To Sarahbear - I hope you are feeling sooooooo much better soon!!!!!!  Less pain!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment