Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday

I was supposed to have 2 lessons today.  1 didn't show up.  I don't understand it, but she didn't.  The new company has a strong absent policy.  I decided to email her and see what the problem was so I am just waiting for the email.  I do hope to hear from her.  It is frustrating to want to teach a lesson that doesn't show.  Let's hope she will have a make up later this week.

I got a letter from DHS today.  Apparently, with my new part time job, I no longer qualify for food stamps or medicaid.  I knew this would happen, so it isn't a surprise.  It is not that bad of a thing as I anticipated it happening, I just didn't expect it so soon because I didn't expect so many new students.  I would rather have the new students than the assistance.  I think I am starting to get back on my feet.  I need 7 more students from the new company or some from the new company and from my website, either way would work for me.  I just need a few more students and I will be a-okay!  It does feel good to know that I can pay my own bills (mostly right now).  I look forward to the day when they all are paid right away and I don't stress over them.  If I had a choice, I would prefer that Momma would be here, but since I didn't have a choice, I am glad she taught me to be strong.  I can still be strong and have a chronic illness, can't I?  Fibro only takes my physical strength, it can't take all of my inner strength.  I won't let it.

I didn't get up too early today.  I could have, but I was being lazy.  Tomorrow I have a lesson first thing in the afternoon, so no laziness tomorrow!  I like having an earlier lesson because it gives me a reason to get up and get going.  That is important to me.  I had a dream about Mom and wanted to really think and remember her so that was part of my laziness this morning.

I was going to clean up the dining room table.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  We shall see.  I have to figure out what bills need to be paid right now.  Several automatically come out of the bank account (love that - nothing to forget!) so there are only a few left over.  I have music on the table too that needs to be removed.  I will do that this weekend after I am done copying everything that needs to be copied.

Saturday is book club too so that will be awesome.  I am really looking forward to it.  I love book club.  We haven't really had a book club since Momma passed away.  At first, I just couldn't really function enough to have one and then Christmas and the holidays, so we are having the first one now.  We were going to have one in December, but Maggie took me to lunch instead.  We had a great time.  We really did.  I just love Maggie.  She is such a good friend to have.  She and her husband, Bob, are such great people.  Bob is my student and he plays piano so well.  Just goes to show you are never to old to start.  My little Sarah Muglia will be beginning piano next month, so that is exciting to me.  She is a little doll.  She is 7 (I think).  The entire Muglia family is really awesome and very, very supportive.  They really helped me while Momma was dying.  The girls came to see Momma in the hospital and then they came to both the viewing and the funeral.  It was so wonderful to see them there supporting me.  They knew how difficult it was for me.

So basically, the next few days will be lots of fun.  Three lessons tomorrow, 4 lessons on Saturday plus book club!  I am looking forward to the next few days.  Things are improving for me.  I am finding I can do more than just function, I can sometimes enjoy myself again.  I am not as afraid as I was, so that is a big improvement.  I am working on giving it to God and not taking it back.  This week hasn't been too bad in that way.  I am going to start a Bible Study online.  It is by Beth Moore, called Believing God.  My friend, Kathleen is currently involved with it and says it is wonderful.  So we shall see how it goes.  I am looking forward to that.  I like doing studies and miss the friendships that come with studies.  I know this one will be different as I will be doing it online and not with a group, but that is okay.  Overall, I think it will be a good experience for me.

I do hope you are having a good day.  So far, it has been good outside of the disappointment of not having my student.

No comments:

Post a Comment