Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!  it isn't one of my favorite holidays, but Momma liked it.  I did enjoy getting her stuff though for it so I guess I was into it at that time.  Last year I got Momma a really cute white and red bear.  She carried around for about a week.  I still have it.  After she carried it around, we put it on the piano so it could be displayed.  I was so happy that she loved it.  She loved stuffed animals so I got her many on the holidays.  I think her favorite was the Jesus Loves Me Bunny that actually sings Jesus Loves Me.  I have one too as I got both of us one.  Hers is pink and mine is yellow.  O am keeping hers too.  I don't know if William or Abby would want any of her stuffed animals.  I will be asking this summer.

Surprisingly, I am not extra sore from the extra walking yesterday!!!  Talk about a win!  I am so happy about that!  I wasn't sure how my body would react to the extra walking but it did just fine.  Yeah for me!  I also did sleep in a bit as I expected too since we went to bed rather late on Saturday, but I am as perked up as I get right now, so that is good too.

I had 1 lesson for the day today.  Acer is still not feeling up to par and Heather (his mom) isn't feeling too well right now either.  She and Acer head for the doctor tomorrow.  They have had this cold for about a month now and Acer just doesn't seem to be getting rid of it.  So the little guy may or may not be here depending on how he feels after school.  I will miss them, but I do totally understand, you have got to take care of the little people!  I also appreciate that she keeps me in mind too.  I have a low immune system because of the illnesses and she doesn't want me sick either so talk about a good friend!  We did get to see the kids on Saturday when Kathy was here so that slightly makes up to missing them, if I do.  I just love my students.  They are the best.  I have the best kid students in the world and the best adult students in the world.  I was a bit worried when I was assigned with new company 3 adult students, but they are all very serious about learning their instruments, so that is good.

I tried to get a hold of Richard today, but he must be busy because he didn't answer.  I was a bit disappointed because I really wanted to talk to him.  I don't get to talk to him very much because he is so busy.  I just wanted to wish him a Happy Valentine's Day in person over the phone instead of the message.  Oh well, another time.

I think I am going to use my other book gift certificate this week.  Phillipa Gregory has a new paperback book out I would like.  I love most of her stuff.  Some of it isn't so good, but most of it really is.  Kathy went home with about 5 books to read.  She needed some new reading material so I loaned her some.  I mean, I have quite a few.  Not as many I as used to, but some.  I simply love reading.  I used to get teased about that from my brothers and mom.  They used to say I could walk, talk, listen to what they were saying, and read at the same time.  Momma used to say, put the book down and listen with both ears.  Kind of funny to remember these moments.  I have some great memories of all of us growing up and when we were in our 20s.

It has been a very good day so far, although I haven't been up too long.  I am planning to make some nice chicken for dinner.  I do hope your Valentine's Day is good.  Maybe next year I will have someone to celebrate with.  Who know?  We shall see what the year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment