Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Midweek, 12-28

It is Wednesday already.  I accidentally slept through my blood test.  Apparently, I was exhausted.  I went to bed at 9 pm last night and slept until about 2 pm this afternoon.  Yeah, that is a lot.  I did wake up about 5 times to get up and walk because of pain in my hips and legs but I walked to the bedroom door and back then went back to bed.  I am still a bit extra tired tonight.  I will head for bed soon.

I am watching this new show called "Extreme Cheapskates".  It is insane, completely insane.  One man found $7.50 in the couch and went to the Butcher's Shop.  He bought Goat Heads for dinner that night!  Yes, Goat Heads!  It was gross to watch him eat it so I had to change the channel.  It was too much for me as I was eating Cream of Mushroom Soup.  I love my soup!  That was my dinner with some vegetables tonight.  Now Toddlers and Tiaras is on.  It entertains me.  I remember Dance Competitions and these are similar in some ways.  I also like Dance Moms.  It is nice to know that many dance studios are filled with crazy parents like ours was.  Of course, the moms on Dance Moms are way more obnoxious than the ones in the studio I was in, but still there are some similarities.  Like our Dance Teacher, this one has favorites too.  I never liked that about the dance studio, but since I wasn't in charge, except for my classes that I taught, there wasn't anything I could do about it.

I had a few lessons today.  Natalie Z's mom forgot about her lesson.  We rescheduled for next week.  Katie had her lesson.  We have narrowed down her Inspirational Category for competition.  We know what she is doing for Classical and for Broadway.  She has a sassy, jazzy piece called "Adelaide's Lament" from Guys and Dolls. She loves the piece and does a really nice job.  I really like it for her.  It so fits her sassy, jazzy side.  Katie is doing a German piece for Classical.  She has chosen not to do a pop piece.  That works just fine for me so it is okay.

I am having a difficult time finding judges for competition.  I seem to have enough for vocal, but not enough for piano.  That is the problem.  I have a judge who wants to do classical so I let Julie know that we need to have Classical on Saturday or Sunday as she is not available on Friday.  Julie said she would let me know if that is possible when the entries come in.  Well, that could lead to a big problem if she puts classical on Friday.  I was not a happy camper at all.  Diane is sure it will all work out but I am not so sure.  I am going to be calling the people who judged in 2008 when we were in Kalamazoo last time. I know that Georgette and Diane want new people judging, but I think we have exhausted our contacts and I will have to call those we have used before.  I will start this work again next week as I am on the count down now.  I never want to this job again, ever.  I don't think it is fun and it is very stressful.  I would rather do something else instead.  I just would.

I do hope your day went well.  Mostly mine was good (what little there was of a day).

No comments:

Post a Comment