Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday before New Year's Eve! 12-29

What a day this has been!  Well, I had just one lesson as my little ones didn't show up.  I tried to get a hold of the parents, but no luck.  I did have my Aggie's lesson!  She gave me a CD of her singing Christmas Songs for Christmas.  I am glad about that.  It is a lovely present that I will listen to tomorrow.  1/2 of it is in English and the other half in Polish.  She is fluent in Polish and French.  She is planning to go to competition this year.  I am not sure who else is planning to go outside of Rebecca (who I haven't heard from all month.) and Katie.  I have the information for Isaac in case he would like to go.  He has an awesome voice and he is such a good boy.  I have known him since he was born.  He is growing up very fast.  He is very talented too.

I have been thinking of the new year.  I am not sure what I want to work on this year.  Except for last year, I usually pick one characteristic of mine that needs improving.  Instead of making several resolutions, I pick one thing I need to work on.  Last year, (well, this year still) I was just trying to survive the loss of my mom.  It does make me sad to know that I am the only one who is still so devastated by her passing.  It seems to, on an average day, be better than I am.  I know Andrew goes through his days of pain, but he, overall, is doing alright he says.  Richard, I don't know but he is always looking forward and never back so I really don't know.  The last time I actually talked to him about this, he was doing fine.  It was months ago and before he was mad at me.  I know my Uncle misses her at times too.  I want to take a couple of the pictures of him and mom and enlarge them.  I will put them in a frame and give them to him.  I have a favorite that I want for sure to use.  Here it is:


I love this picture so much.  they both look so young and carefree.  That is the mom I remember.  A smiling mom, a laughing mom.  We shared many a laugh me and Mom.  I wish the boys could have really spent more time with her and seen more of her laughter, lighter side but they couldn't.

What do you do for resolutions on New Year's?  I haven't decided.  Weight is always a thing I am working on.  I don't make that my resolution because I have made many resolutions to lose weight.  i want something better.  Last year, a bloggy friend called the it the year of "embrace".  I may choose something like that.  I am just not sure right now.  I may just not make any resolutions at all again this year.  I am still in mourning, although I have more good days now than bad.  I still miss her a lot of the time and sometimes it still hurts physically.  

Tomorrow Julie is coming over.  We are going to work on the Dining Room and Kitchen.  Lily changed a few things around last time she was here.  My canned food is in the pantry cabinets in the Utility room.  I need to move the DVD shelves downstairs and the one little shelf unit in the living room for the kids' toys and pictures.

I bought a new tote tonight.  It was on sale for $5 and I needed a new one so I was rather glad about that.  I also bought a Disney Movie that was on sale.  I can't think of which one I bought off the top of my head.  Walmart has several on sale for Family Night.  There are several others I want to that are only about $10 or $15.   The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, the Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, and several more.  I need a new Valentine's Day table cloth.  They aren't out yet and it is too early to put it out.  I have a regular one I will put on the table in the meantime.  I will take down the Christmas stuff in the next couple of weeks.  I have a nice bag big enough for my little tree so I can put it away in the garage for next year.  I won't have to leave it up all year long.  I have the Easter stuff put away too now. Yeah, I hadn't put that away either.  Now it is in the box ready to go to the furnace room for storage.  I will wrap my Christmas ones too and put them away too.  The furnace room is pretty well organized unlike my office.  I have about 5 stacks of music that needs to be put away.  I am going to see what I need in the stacks and put the rest away.  Now that Christmas is over and the music will be coming back in for the next week or two.  I have to get the regular music back out again.  I do hope that this year, I will be putting the music away instead of leaving it on the piano bench for a year.  Right now there is only a couple of books on the piano bench right now.  I will also be getting the CDs in order too.  right now they are on a table in the living room.  They so need to be put away.  I will be working on that project first.  I have about 5 or 6 stacks of them, not to mention the 2 stacks in my room of the originals.  I want to change out some of the cases to sleeves so that they don't take up too much room.  They really don't fit in the one box anymore so I need to do something about that.  Then I need to compare the originals to the copies to see what needs copying.  I don't give out originals very often.  Katie has a couple of them right now, but she is going to copy them for herself.  I will then make copies for the next person who uses that book.

I am watching "Sweet Home Alabama".  It is a good movie and I have seen it before.  I am heading to bed shortly.  I am very tired again.  I hope I am not so exhausted by the end of the weekend.  I do hope you are having a good evening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment