Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday 3-18 & Monday 3-19

It is the day after St. Patrick's Day.  I wonder how the hangovers are for the people who partied all day?  I am sure some of them are perfectly awful.  That is one reason I have never had the urge to get drunk.  One, I really can't stand the smell of alcohol and second, I don't particularly like the throwing up that happens when you drink too much.  So with the combination of both, I stay as far away from alcohol as possible!  I did have one employee who refused to believe I have only had about an 1/2 inch of a wine cooler when I was 21 and that is all the alcohol I have ever had.  It is true though.  It doesn't bother me when I am out and others want to drink, that is certainly their prerogative.

Calli had her lesson this afternoon since she was absent on Friday.  As usual, she did wonderful.  She learned the last line of Minuet in G by Bach.  We are doing hands separate this week because it is a bit of a tricky part of the song, but that is okay.  We often do hands separate for the more advanced students because it makes it a bit easier for them to learn.

I am not feeling well tonight now.  I am not sure if it is allergies or a cold but my head is a bit stuffy.  I am getting very tired now so I think I may be actually heading for the little bed.  I am just very tired, more than usual.

For someone who was sooooo tired, I couldn't sleep until after 2 am.  I was not a happy camper about that, that is for sure!  I am hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.  It is now Monday evening.

It appears that I may have not gotten a full fledge cold.  I am feeling much better today than yesterday.  I will take the nighttime cold medicine again tonight just to get rid of what is left of the cold.  I should be fine by tomorrow.

We are having some of the most beautiful Spring weather ever.  It has been in the 70s for the last 3 days and will be until about Thursday when it will go back into the 60s.  This has really been the  winter that never was as far as temperatures are concerned.  I haven't minded.  All the snow we have had melted with in a day or two after it had fallen.  Last year we had so much snow so I am glad we didn't have too much this winter.

I have spent a lot of time these past few days thinking about when we were children and the adventures we would go on with mom.  She was never one to sit around.  I remember when I was about 6 or so and we were camping in the Algonquin Park in Ontario.  Mom wanted to take a hike and wanted us to go with her.  I was not a big hiker fan but I had to go since the rest of the family (Mom, Andrew, and Richard) were going.  She said we would go to the short hike, not the long one.  Well, I think she made a mistake because we ended up on the long trail.  I would sit down so much and the boys would get so mad at me.  I remember being so exhausted from all that walking.  Mom said as soon as we got back to the campsite I went right into the tent and fell asleep for a few hours.  Here is an old picture of Andrew, Mom, and I.



I know it is very blurry.  Here is another one of us 3.


This one is much clearer of us.  Look how little that I am in the picture and Andrew!!  

I am having an okay day as far as the pain level.  It is just the normal pain level, not so much higher than that.  The head is the normal headache, nothing more than that so I am very glad about that.

I do hope that your day was good.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're suffering from spring fever! Now send that sunshine out here and let me catch it too. Glad you are feeling better and hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. I just hate it when I don't sleep well and then I have to take a nap. Well...I usually take a nap anyway but shhhhh, don't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! It's lovely to see pictures of your Mum when she was younger.

    Hope you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete