Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 5-13

I can't believe it is Mother's Day again.  Wow, how time seems to speed up some days.  I had a really good day.  I went to church and brought Donna, it was a great service with a good message about words and are we using them to build up or tear down.  It really gave us all something to think about.  Then Donna and I went to brunch.  We ended up at Burger King because Big Boy's parking lot was super duper full.  We chatted for a couple of hours before I dropped her off at home.  Then I came home and talked to my best friend, Kathy.  She was having a good day too.  Her twin girls gave her flowers in a pot for Mother's Day and cards they made at school.  We talked for a long time.  After that I took my usual Sunday after church nap.  I was invited to go to dinner and a movie at the Hubel residence.  It was a good movie and naturally, a wonderful dinner.  Sean grilled the hot dogs and we had salad along with beans and a few other things.  It was a wonderfully pleasant way to end the night.

Andrew went to Mom's grave sight this afternoon to put flowers on her grave.  He took a picture of it and sent it to me.  I would have liked to have seen him, but I didn't know when he was going so maybe next time.  I know he misses Mom a lot too.  Andrew doesn't really talk about it too much, I am much more the talker in the family.  Yes, I know, shocking!  NOT!  I have ALWAYS been the talker in the family.  What can I say?  Chatterbox has been my nickname since I could speak for a reason.  I think as time goes on I miss her more than when she was first gone.  I think now the shock and disbelief has worn off and the reality of missing mom is more real.  I know it was real when it happened, I was there through it all, it just didn't seem like it could be happening and there was so much to do that I didn't have time to really think about anything.  There were so many decisions I had to make in such a short time.  I think, looking back, that I did make most of the right decisions.  She wanted to be buried in Canada and her ashes are buried with her grandparents.  Mom adored her grandmother so I am sure she is happy with that.  I had her in the hospice unit in the hospital in case something else happened medically that I couldn't take care of.  I am not sorry about all the time I spent with her.  I just wish there was more time with her.  I didn't in the last few years spend much time away from mom.  It was like I knew we were on borrowed time.  Anytime I was away from her I worried about her though.  What was she doing, was she upset, things like that.  I often was told to make sure I had enough time to myself and for some they thought I didn't take time for myself, I took what I needed.  The biggest thing I needed was to be with Mom.  I miss her and I know that someday I will be with her again.  Jesus has promised us that.  I am just so impatient to be with her again!  I have so much to tell her and to know how she has been doing.  My friend, Chantal says the same thing, she is so impatient to see her mother again too.  Someday, too, she will be with her mom again.  I hold on dear to that promise.

I do hope you had a great Mother's Day and celebrated it whether your mom is here on earth or in Heaven.  Mother's are such a beautiful gift from God.  I am so thankful for mine.  She was the best and still is!

No comments:

Post a Comment