Thursday, May 17, 2012

thursday 5-17

Hmmmm, it has been a rather quiet type day.  A few lessons, one of them new, then picking up yet another prescription from the pharmacy.  Sometimes, it feels like I am there everyday picking up prescriptions.  Oh my.  Anyways, my neighbor's daughter started lessons today.  She is 9 and very cute.  She did very well with her first lesson.  Her mom was supposed to go to the bank while we had her lesson, but she feel asleep instead.  We put her to sleep with our calm piano music.  I think this will be fun for both of us.  At any rate, she can just walk here to her lessons.  That will come in handy this summer.

Speaking of summer, I am not sure how many students will be stopping lessons for summer.  The last few summers, not many have stopped and several have started.  In June, it will be a year for my beautiful Rachel.  She started just before her 6th birthday.  I am so thankful for the students who started last summer because most of them are still taking lessons!  I will be finding out in the next few weeks who will be stopping for the summer.  Hopefully, not too many.

I have to work on the program tonight.  I kind of haven't started yet outside of listing everyone in the concert.  Natalie and Hannah are working on the program covers.  We will have 2 of them since each of them will be creating one.  They are so good at art.  I would have to use clip art for the cover otherwise.  I am splitting the concert in two with a brief intermission so I can change the students around.  Students can sit with their parents in the half they are not in except for the group song.  Acer has requested that both his songs be in the same half.  I forgot to ask Calli but as she is announcing, I don't think she particularly care where she is in the concert.  She is singing and playing piano in the concert.  As of today, there are 31 songs in the concert including the group song.  It should be a good concert.  I hope so anyway.

Can you believe that it is the middle of May at this point?  I can't.  Time moves so fast some days and then other days it drags.  Weird how that works.  I remember one day when I was in 4th grade.  I felt like I had been there all day and that it was time to go home.  I looked up and it was almost 12 noon.  Yes, what felt like all day was really almost 3 hours.  I remember feeling so upset at that time.  Now, of course, it seems like that was forever ago.  Time is such a weird thing, isn't it.

I woke up this morning (yes, I mean morning - about 9 am) with such a bad headache but instead of what I usually do, which is nothing just roll over and hoped it would go away.  Instead, I got up and went downstairs to take some medicine!  Yes, I actually did!  When I finally got up for the day, my head was down to the normal pain level.

I hope you are having a good day.  Mine was nice and quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment