Monday, May 21, 2012

the start of a new musical week 5-21

I was watching NCIS Los Angeles on USA.  It was from the first season.  I don't know why, but it suddenly dawned on me that the bad guys always have horrible aim even when firing machine guns and the good guys are great shots with only pistols.  I don't know why it hit me today, but it did.  Of course, I do want the good guys to catch the bad guys, I am just noting how they always miss or get lucky shots in, that's all.

The day after the concert is back to regular music.  The Muglia girls had their lessons today.  Natalie started voice after her piano lesson.  Both Hannah and Natalie are playing the same Clementi Sonatina.  It is one of my favorites.  Both girls fly through the sections that they know really well and then slow down when they don't know the part very well.  Lydia does the same thing too.  It is something we will be working on for a while I foresee.  Overall though, I am so happy with how they play.  They are really quite good at this point and they are getting into some beginning advanced music.  I am so proud of them. Sarah is almost ready to start a new position next month.  She is doing very well.  Their younger brother, Patrick plays several songs by ear so we are thinking that perhaps in September the young man might start piano.  We shall see if he is interested.  He will be almost 7 at that point.  They are a very musical family and I am glad they do what they can with keeping up lessons.

Rachel had her lesson this afternoon too.  She is such a doll and a sweet girl.  She also likes to pretend she is a kitten during the lesson at times.  Today it was while we were doing flashcards.  I always know when she knows the answer, she scratches the card like a cat.  Fortunately, she does answer the question pretty quick or it would be hard to finish the flash cards.  Rachel started a new book a few weeks ago.  She is in her 3rd book now.  Selma also is getting ready to start a new book.  She will be in level 2 next week.  I have to go and pick up her books this week because I had to order them.  They are in now.  I will pick them up tomorrow.  I also need to copy some music for David tomorrow too.  Isaac has decided to finish working on the Hedwig's Theme.  He played the main part of the theme for the concert and we are working on the second part for the next few lessons.  He is such a talented young man.  If only he would practice more!  I know he is very busy, but he is just so talented.

I also just remembered, need to call the guy to cancel cutting the grass this week.  It doesn't need it so I don't want it cut.  Sean cut the 2 trees down in my yard today.  He found an old hose under one of the trees and apparently, it has been leaking.  Yeah, I wonder how long?  So Sean turned the water off at the tap and thinks it is turned all the way off now.  I sure hope so.  Sean is such a nice young man, just like his sister, Carolyn.  In fact, the entire family is wonderful and so very helpful to me.  We also get together for dinner and a movie nights.  I truly enjoy being with them.  I am very blessed with the friends that I have.

This weekend, I am planning on picking up my girls (the Muglias) and going to see "Mirror Mirror" with them.  It is the Julia Roberts version of Snow White.  One of my favorite actors is in it.  He plays the king, which I know, is not a huge role, but that is okay.  He is still in it for a bit.  If it is not at the regular theatre we are hoping it is at the $1 one, if not, we shall see something else.  I just love hanging out with the girls.  They are really good kids and don't get to go out too much so I like to come and take them when I can.  Plus, then I have someone to see movies with!  So all in all, it is a good trade, I get the girls for a while, catch up on their lives, and we all see a movie or do something together.

I hope you had a good day too!  My arm is a bit sorer than usual tonight.  I am not sure why.  I took my pain medicine a bit ago so I am hoping it starts working soon.  I am going to lose myself in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for a bit now.

1 comment: