Saturday, January 9, 2010

After Lily's lesson was book club.  Aggie, Katie, and Katie couldn't attend today.  Maggie and I had a blast anyways!  I love the time period of the book I choose for this month.  The Tudors.  Henry VIII is a fascinating man, even though I would never want to be one of his queens.  It an interesting time in history with how the women had no choice in anything they did.  Men told them what to do.  The book is called, "The Other Boleyn Girl" and written from Mary Boleyn's point of view which I find so interesting because you can see Anne from her side of it.  I have seen the movie too, it is pretty close to the book, I think because I can't remember it exactly.  I will have to watch it again, maybe tomorrow after dinner.  

Maggie and I have such fun times together.  Her husband, Bob, is my student so that is how I met her.  Lily is doing well with her lessons, she seems to really enjoy singing and even plays the vocal part on the piano while she is practicing.  I am very pleased about that.  Aggie missed her lesson too, she had a lot to do this afternoon since she goes back to Michigan State University tomorrow.  I miss her when she is gone, she is a neat young woman.  I will see her in two weeks for her next lesson though.  I will have Debbie's lesson tomorrow.  I am almost done with her music for the benefit.  I have to copy the music for Aggie still, I just don't think about it when I have time and panic about it when I don't, not a good idea!

Mom is alright today.  She has a new thing now.  She asks how much does it cost to stay the night.  She forgets she owns the house and we pay a mortgage on it.  She doesn't like sleeping in her own room, but logistically, it wouldn't never work to put our beds in the same room.  Her room is too hot for me and my room is too cold for her, and she sleeps with her light on, so that wouldn't work for me either.  I like a cold and dark room.  She is doing pretty well, I think, over all.  Her cut on her lip is looking much better too.  Tomorrow I am going to move some of the boxes in her room away from the bed so I can remake her bed, this way, the blankets will not be hanging down on the one side of the bed and she can't get tangled into it again.

Pain isn't so bad today.  I do have a bit more of a headache right now than usual, but as long as it doesn't get worse I will be fine.  I hope you are enjoying your day as I loved mine!  Talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment: