Saturday, January 23, 2010

We went to Chili's tonight, well, this afternoon for dinner.  They were having a special two for $20 that included an appetizer, 2 entrees, and dessert!  We had a gift cert from Christmas from Richard, so I thought, why not!!!  Mom still does well going out to eat so off we went!  I had two lessons earlier, was supposed to be three, but turned out to be 2.  It was still a good day.  Mom and I are now watching Walker, Texas Ranger, season 5 disc 4 episode 2.  We love this show.  After this we are going to go to bed, it's been a long day for her.  I might read a bit in my room.  I am reading a really good book right now.  I have read it before, but it still good.  Mom gave it to me for Christmas.  About 2 days before Christmas she said she wanted to give me books for Christmas so we went to the used bookstore for them.  I got 7 books for about $21.  Mom saw a Curious George Christmas book and I asked her if she would like it, she said yes, so I got it for her.  It was expensive!  It cost about $14 but she likes those kind of books and doesn't have much time left so I got it for her.  A small thing to bring her much pleasure.  I also got her a puzzle book, the type where every page is a puzzle.  There are about 8 pages in it.  It was Christmas theme.   Next year, I don't anticipate a very good Christmas for her, I don't think she will remember much by then so I am trying to pack as much as I can into this year for us, despite the shortage of funds.  She likes simple things that don't cost a lot of money.  We watch a lot of movies and TV together.  She likes that a lot, even when she falls asleep during them briefly.  She is wide awake tonight, I don't know why, but hey, I am not questioning it.

Pain is not so bad considering I am completely out of prescription pain pills.  The refill will be ready Monday, but I don't know if I will have the money, if Grace has a lesson, then I will otherwise I will need to wait until Wednesday.  I have Tylenol so it isn't like I have nothing for pain and if really necessary, Advil.  I don't take Advil because of the blood thinners, but if I really need it, I will take it.

I hope your day is as good as mine was.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I am sorry you are in pain..I hope you can get your meds..saying a prayer you can..I can't take advil or aspirin due to the beginnings of an ulcer..so tylenol it is when I don't have my ultracet, it takes the edge off, I would say. This wet weather we have had all week has wreaked havoc on my body..sometimes I want to just sit and cry but that does no good does it.
    Glad you have some good books, wish I could get into reading again..I think its the depression. This should be an email! I will get an email out to you later today to check in.
    hang in there
    hugs!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better too. Depression is hard isn't it? I hope they can do something for you on that. I am not supposed to take advil because of coumiden, but I do sometimes anyways. I hope it stops raining for you soon! It can't rain forever can it?

    ReplyDelete