Monday, November 14, 2011

the Beginning of another week! 11-14

It is the start of another week!  3 weeks from yesterday will be the Christmas Concert.  I am looking forward to it.  My girls had their lessons this afternoon.  They are pretty much ready for the concert.  Lydia and Sarah are very ready.  Hannah is almost ready and the same with Natalie.  Natalie has one of her songs down pat and almost the second one.  Both girls should be as ready as their sisters by the concert.  I am pretty certain about that.  Bob is almost ready too.  Isaac is nervous about the concert so he isn't sure he wants to be in it.  I told him to worry about it in two weeks and if still didn't want to do it, he didn't have too.  He didn't practice this week so that is what he is worried about.  He did pick one piano song and played it pretty well.  We talked about looking at practicing a different way.  He likes to play the piano and really that is all that practicing is.  He was like, good point.  So let's hope he plays his piano more this week than last week.  He is also doing very well with his vocal songs too.  I did let Isaac know that he was learning the Christmas music whether or not he would be in the concert.  He said okay no problem.  Isaac is such a nice young man.  His grandparents live down the street from me so after his lesson he walked down to their house to have dinner with them.

After my lessons, I went to Walmart for some tummy medicine and milk.  I also got the Christmas Table Cloth, Christmas cookie cutters, pop, and a few other necessities.  I almost walked out without the Mylanta.  That would have been bad because my tummy has not been so good these last few days.

I have a new young man tomorrow from the online company.  He is 5 and will be starting piano.  I am excited about this.  This leaves 2 students tomorrow.  Charlie has marching band practice tomorrow for the Thanksgiving Day parade.  This is his last Thanksgiving Day parade as he is a senior in high school this year.  Aaiyanna and Samuel, the new young man, will have their lessons tomorrow.  I have to copy some sight reading music for Aaiyanna.  I had copied some a few weeks ago, but she has lost them.  Now that she has her binder, she can put it in the binder.  I do hope that the new CDs I burned for her work.  The only other option is to loan her the originals and have her parents burn them on CDs.  I don't particularly like loaning original CDs out because if I don't get them back, I have to buy both the book and the CD again.

I haven't started the ornaments for the students yet.  I have 3 weeks to do this.  I will be starting tomorrow evening after i clear the table so I can start cutting them out.  I have to figure out how many I need.  I am also going to be making some for Kathy's kids since I am already making some, what is a few more?  There is like 4 seams and top stitching for each one.  Not too hard for me to make.  I have made them before.  I just need to get some red fabric paint since the paint I have is not fabric paint and the fabric paint I had is very old, if I even have it anymore, which I sincerely doubt.  I am not going to bother to look for it because I think I did get rid of it a while ago.  It costs about $1 so I will just pick some up in the next few days.  I have the ribbon for the hanging of the ornament and the jingle bells although I am not sure I am going to put the jingle bells on it.  We shall see.  I will see what looks the best on ornament.  I am excited about starting them.  I probably should have started them a few weeks ago, but I do know how easy they are to make so I kept procrastinating.  I will stop procrastinating this week though since the concert is in one day less than 3 weeks.

I am not feeling super well today.  I can't pin point it exactly, I just don't feel too hot.  I don't think I am coming down with anything, just the usual fibro feeling bad.  Sometimes, fibro sucks at times, well, okay, it sucks all the time if the truth be told.

Despite the not feeling so hot, it was a decent day.  I hope yours was good too.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling great Heather. Gentle hugs x

    ReplyDelete