Thursday, November 3, 2011

"you thought of me, above all" 11-3

This song, "Above All" is what we are singing this Sunday.  It is a wonderful song that for the last week would in my head at random times.  I am really enjoying being a member of this choir.  I am an official member now.  We use planningcentralonline.com to keep track of the music we are doing and the hymns too.  It is a traditional service with a mix of traditional hymns and praise songs.  I love the blend, which surprises me because I am more of a traditionalist and want hymns but I am finding the mix is great.  I do really like the new church too.  I did like the one I was raised in, but I was invited to join this choir and I was looking to try a new church.

It was a very busy day for teaching too.  I had 6 lessons.  I had planned on 7 but Brianne was absent.  She had to stay after school to do a project so she couldn't attend her lesson.  Brooke, her sister, had her lesson and is doing really well with the difficulty of her Christmas Music.  She also is going to start a David Lantz Christmas piece too.  I think she will do very well.  Joiene and Benjy had their lessons too.  Despite not practicing, Benjy is doing pretty well.  I really wish they would practice, but I can't seem to impress upon their mom how important it is for them to practice.  Benjy wants to play well and you can tell when he is here, he really wants to be here (and not just for the legos either!)  Breanna had switched her song from "Jingle Bell Rock" to "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus".  She and I went over the chords for the song because she wants to play it on the guitar while she sings.  Allison finally received her new piece for the concert, "Do You Hear What I Hear".  She did very well when we went over the song.  So, over all, the students are coming along with their Christmas Concert music.  The concert is one month from tomorrow, ahhh!  I am a bit nervous about having it so early, but it is the date we received so we will all make it work.  In a way, it is better to have it so early.  One because then the students can just enjoy their other activities during the season and two, the students will have more lessons in December.  What started to happen is that after the concert, students would take off until they went back to school in January.  This way, I hope no one will stop until January because it is so early in the month.  Laith also had his lesson.  He has the hand positions that are new down pat.  he is playing his songs really well.

I am tired now because of how busy today was.  I am thankful for the busyness of the day.  I look forward to being busy during the week.  It makes the day better and go faster.  I really hope that by end of January, I will be at my limit for students.  That would be beautiful.

I hope your day was as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment