Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday 11-28

November is almost over.  It is almost December and with that comes Christmas!  It is weird to think that again I will be celebrating Christmas without Mom here with me.  It seems like a bad missing Mom day.  I have them from time to time and I probably will for a long time.  I dreamed about her last night for a bit and then I woke up.  It seemed so real to see her and hear her but it will be a while before I actually get to talk to her again.  It is just one of those days.

Monday is a busy day with lessons again.  I am very glad about that.  I actually cannot add anymore to that day, it is booked.  If I have anymore, it will overdo me and that would be bad.  I am looking forward to the concert on Sunday.  So far, all the students seem to be ready.  Two of my girls switched one of their Christmas Songs for a song they already know because they just switched to me (their teacher retired) so I said they could.  The other Christmas song for each of them was just not quite ready enough for them to feel comfortable performing.  Bob switched his 2nd Christmas song today from the Christmas Song to Winter Wonderland.  He plays both well, so it is not a problem.

I am freezing a bit tonight.  I am not sure why.  I keep the house at 73 degrees and yet I am still rather cold.  I have a sweatshirt on and everything.  If I need to, I have a hoodie handy to put on.

I bought some mini lights for the tree.  They are multi color but the ones that are on the bottom half of the tree are clear so I went back to the store and then didn't have any clear ones.  I have to try another store before Friday as on Friday I am hoping my friend, Heather B-T will be able to put them on the tree.  I am not sure when I am decorating the tree, but I would like the lights on to be ready.  I don't think it will be this weekend as the concert is on Sunday and I have some work to do for it on Saturday.  I have to create the program, which is a lot of fun to do.  I already told Aggie she will be near the end as she is one of the advanced students.  Brooke will be near the end too.  I try to put all my little ones first and then my middle ones, and then the advanced ones.  I also like to alternate between voice and piano with a tenor saxophone thrown in there too.  I have to buy a package of cookies this week for the concert too.  I will get some nice decorated Christmas ones.  They will work perfect.  I don't have time to make any this year plus I find I eat too many when I make them.  It is super annoying about that but I do it without even thinking.

My lovely neighbor/friend, Barbara Jean sent her 2 boys over to take care of my recycle bins.  For some reason, I have 2 of them.  Mom somehow got another one a few years ago.  One day, it just appeared so now I have 2 and they are super full.  I have boxes at my front door that need to go to recycling next week.  That should bring me up to date with my recycling.  Right now both my bins are at the end of driveway.  It is so nice to have the little car in the garage.  I get a thrill every time I open or close it when I am either leaving or coming home.  It is just so exciting.

Julie is coming on Wednesday to help me re-organizing my family room.  There are several things that are going to be donated or sold.  I only want the elliptical exercise machine.  I don't want the rest.  There is an old TV that still works with the new type boxes that will be donated along with its TV stand.  Then again, I am debating between keeping the smaller one and getting rid of the bigger one.  Julie and I will discuss this and see what is best.  I am anxious to have a sewing/craft room as well as the library/TV room.  I have a DVD player downstairs already as well as a VCR but I am donating the VCR because I don't need it anymore because I am giving all my videos to one of my friends.  I have many DVDs of the videos that I have so I don't need the videos anymore.  I am going to be saving for a Blue Ray player in the future.  It seems that some of the newer movies are not coming out on DVDs but as combo packs of DVDs and Blue Ray.  I don't know why, but that is the way it is.  I am glad that the Blue Ray players play DVDs too because to re-buy everything that I have on DVD would be so upsetting and not doable at all so I am glad they play.  I want the DVD/Blue Ray combo pack of the Harry Potter movie from target.  I plan to purchase it next week since I will be able to this month.  It is planned in the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment