Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 11-24

I had a really good day.  I went to my friend, Jennie's Mom's house for Thanksgiving.  It was wonderful!  The food was abundant and delicious!  I brought rolls.  You wouldn't think that choosing rolls for the dinner would be difficult, but there are so many to choose from.  I finally chose the Hawaiian sweet rolls.  They looked really yummy and let me tell you, they sure were!  All of Jennie's siblings, Kate, Chaz, and Margie, along with their families were there.  They were also celebrating two birthdays, Jennie's daughter, Mary, 2, and Chaz's daughter, Liz, 6.  Both girls got some very nice presents.  I was sitting in the back because I wanted the family to see better.  Liz brought me all her presents to show me.  She also changed out of the dress she was wearing into the new dress that Grandma got her.  It was a kind of dress I would have worn as a small child!  It was so beautiful.  She looked like a little princess.  It was nice to see all of Jennie's nieces and nephews as well as her children.  She has 4.  The oldest 2 are 10, then 8, and finally, 2. I must say it was very nice to be a part of a big celebration.  I will also have a nice celebration at Kathy's parents with her and her family on Saturday.  We are going to see Breaking Dawn too.  I have not seen Eclipse yet.  it isn't looking like I am going to before Saturday either.  I will actually see the movie when i am not "prepped" to see it.  I have read the books, but I meant to re-read them and re-watch the movies before I saw "Breaking Dawn" but that is just not going to happen.  I have sewing to do instead.  I am planning to start tomorrow after the kids come over to help me for a bit in the garage.  Tomorrow night my can WILL FINALLY be in the garage!  It can snow after that because my baby will be in the garage all snug and safe!  I am very excited about it!  I really am.  This particular car has NEVER been inside the garage and now it will!  Woo-hoo!  I have great neighbors and friends.  I really do.  My friend, Jennie also said today to let her know if I need any help with anything around the house. I can't think of something right now, but I am sure something will come up in the future.  Like I said, I am so thankful for my friends.

Tomorrow after the kids come for helping in the garage, I will cut out all the ornaments.  I am putting up one of the portable tables up so in the living room for sewing.  I don't want to have the sewing machine on the dining room table because the table is very old and while it is solid now.  I don't want the slight shaking of the sewing machine to loosen the table up.  Bill just tightened in a few months ago for me.  I was so happy that that was all it needed and I didn't have to buy a new table set.  This winter I will re-glue the chairs.  All four of them need it.  Right now there is only 1 dining room chair at the table.  Two of the chairs are the folding type and where I sit is my office chair which will hopefully go back down into my office sometimes this winter or spring.  Either way is fine for me.  I am not in a hurry.  Eventually, I will get the downstairs all taken care of.

I am feeling a bit better about the holidays this year.  Last year I was so sad that I couldn't even imagine how to get through them.  I survived though.  How, I am not sure, it is a blur.  I do know that my cousin, Cathy, came to see me for the week of Thanksgiving and I spent Christmas Eve and Day with Kathy and her family.  That helped.  This year, being with Jennie and her nice, big, extended family was wonderful.  It is hard without my mother as we have never been separated, physically, for this long ever. Even when I was a child and went to camp, I wasn't gone too long, just 6 weeks so to be separated for 13 months, is a lifetime to me.  I am not always so sad these days, although I have my moments.  I try to think what Mom would want me to do if I ever would have left her tell me.  I couldn't handle her talking about when she wasn't here.  I should have let her because I don't really know what Mom would want me to do.  She did say she wanted to be strong and not fall apart.  Well, I didn't.  I planned everything and was strong.  It was the hardest thing I had ever gone through.  Lily and Julie decorated last year for Christmas.  I think they will help me again this year.  I do want to get the box that is in the crawl space though because it has more Christmas stuff in it of mine.  I bought some new window clings for the living room and the dining room.  They are so very cute.  I have some old ones too but I don't know how well they will work since they have been used over and over.  I will see which ones are still usable.  I like the window clings.  I have other window clings that I found recently.  I think they are the Winnie the Pooh and friends.  I plan to put lots of Window clings on the dining room and the living room's windows.  Next summer, I am going to go and see what is in the attic.  I know that there is a lot of Christmas stuff including two trees.  the trees are so old now that they probably aren't any good and I don't need them either but there are some ornaments that I do want up there.  The ones I don't that are still good I will donate next fall.  I am not sure exactly what is up there though.  I know there are some toys but I don't know which ones.  I will find that out too.  I love the Christmas Season, I always have.  There was a time that I hated the actual holiday itself because of family strife, but the Season was usually good.  Mom made a lot out of the Christmas Season when we were small.  When Richard moved to North Carolina, we started spending Christmas at Richard's house so we didn't decorate as much here at home.  I won't go all out, but I do want to have some decorations out this year.

I hope you had a good day, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment