Monday, February 20, 2012

after competition

I am so exhausted from this past weekend.  I was able to spend a lot more time than I thought with Kathy and I loved every minute of it!  My 2 did well.  I expected Aggie to do very well because she was so prepared, my other wasn't as prepared.  She did get 2 3rd places so we were glad about that.  I am hoping next year to have a few more students compete.  Ria seems to be interested and so does Selma so that is a good thing.  I am thankful it is over that is for sure.  this year was rather stressful, more than usual.  I had the job of getting the judges and believe me, I will NEVER do that job again.  It is very hard and with all the opinions from others, that makes it even harder.  We had judges and I think the ones whose comments I have already read did a good job.  I am just glad that it is over.  I didn't get to sleep a whole lot while I was in Kalamazoo.  On Sunday, I woke up with a super bad headache.  I went downstairs to the judge's meeting and Diane told me to go back to bed.  She would take care of the meeting.  I slept until 11:40 am.  I got up and packed to check out of the hotel room.  Unfortunately, I accidentally left me winter coat in the room.  I noticed it after the awards ceremony.  I was lucky though because someone went to check the room and found it.  I was so happy about that because winter is not over and I love my winter coat.  It is so nice and warm.  It should last a long time.  I simply love it so I am glad that it was in the room and not lost.

I did sleep a lot today.  I got up late like I expected and then took a 2 1/2 hour nap about 2 or so hours after I got up.  I was just so tired, I couldn't stay awake.  I know it was from this weekend and if I didn't take the nap, I may have had another crash and burn episode.  I think I may have missed it by taking the extra sleep or at least I hope so.  I did have another bad headache today, but now it is just a little bad headache.  The extra sleep really helped.  When I have a bad headache it is like having a headache on top of another headache because I have a headache ever day.  I have had one for over 7 years now.  I can't remember what it was like not to have a headache.  I really don't.  I know that at one time I didn't have daily headaches, but now I do.

I am watching Dance Moms.  It is the episode I missed a few weeks ago and it is a good one.  I do like this show.  I admit it.  I don't so much care about the bickering Moms, I love watching the girls dance.  that is the part I really like, the girls dancing.

Tomorrow I have a few lessons.  I am going to also going to clean up the kitchen.  I have to empty the dishwasher.  I kind of haven't done it since I last washed the dishes.  when I need a clean dish I just get it out of the dishwasher.  I need to fix that.  I also have some laundry to do too.  It should only be one load so that will done quickly.

Kathy gave me some books that I loaned her on Saturday.  I only brought one book to competition so I ran out of reading material.  This is awful!!!  I did buy a book, but it is an author I have never read but I know many who have so I hope it is good.  I am glad Kathy gave me the books back because she had a book I thought I had donated!  It is to the O'Malley series that I simply love.  I had thought I donated the entire series but as it turns out, all but 2 were in my drawer in my room.  Now they are downstairs on my bookshelves.  I love the library part of the family room a lot.  It is so nice to go downstairs and pick a book off the shelf or put another one away.  I just really like the way the family room looks.  This weekend, the Muglia girls are coming to sort music and put it away.  We are also going to put the CDs away too.  I am very thankful that they are going to help me with this.  They are coming on Sunday.  Saturday, Lydia is getting a perm as a part of her birthday gift.  She will look even prettier than usual with it, I think.  They are such wonderful girls.  All of my students are.

I am going to read for a bit and then head to bed.  I am still very tired from the weekend.  It was exhausting.  I tried to prepare for it, but it really isn't something I can prepare for.  I try, but it is difficult to do.  I hope you have had a good day too.

1 comment:

  1. I often reach a point where I have done too much and I just have to stop. No matter how hard I try to catch up on my rest it just never seems to be enough. That's what I did today...got up late, took a long nap and planning to be in bed soon. All in all I've only been up for a few hours total. I just hate this.

    ReplyDelete