Wednesday, February 8, 2012

what day is this??? Brain fog 2-8

I almost wrote Thursday as the title to this post.  Brain fog moment.  I am having trouble this year writing the proper year.  I don't know why.  Either I write 2011 or 2013, somehow I keep missing the 2012.  I am not sure because I KNOW I don't want to repeat 2011 and I am not ready to be in 2013.  I rarely know what day it is.  I have to totally depend on my planner to know what day it is and what I have to do.  If I don't write what I need to do, it doesn't get done.  My students know that I must write down what they need or I won't get it for them.  Every night before I go to bed i must check my planner to see what time I have to get up the next day.  I try to pull any music or CDs that I need after the lessons are over for the day so I will have it for the next day.  Right now, my biggest thing is that the music must be put away.  It is really getting to be an issue as I need to start pulling the movie music for the spring concert.

Bob forgot his music today.  Fortunately, I have the songs in other books.  We also did some sight reading. All in all it was a good lesson despite him forgetting his books.  Brooke and Jillian are learning how to read music now.  I am rather pleased with their progress.  Their big sister, Aubrey, has been reading music for the last few weeks.  They are all doing so well.

Person to Person is going to be interviewing Jon Bon Jovi in a few minutes.  Kathy and I love the band Bon Jovi a lot.  I think it is both of ours favorite band.  It is a great interview so far!  I remember going to see them in concert.  I have seen them in concert about 8 times but not on the last few tours though.  They are really good in concert.  Their opening acts have not always been so good, but that is okay, they are and that is what counts.

The head has been back to the normal pain level today.  When I had the cold, it hurt way more than normal.  I am thankful the cold is over, or at least I think it is.  It seems to be over now.  I hope not to get another for a while.  Several of my students have been absent to because of flues and colds.  Most are feeling better again so I should have a full load next week.  That will be good.

I am tired now so I am going to read for a bit and then head for bed.  I hope your day was a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had much trouble remembering the '12' but don't dare ask me what day it is. I've been living in the fog for quite some time now! Enjoy Bon Jovi!

    ReplyDelete