Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday 2-10

It has been an interesting day.  First, I met up with my dear friend, Maggie for lunch.  We went to the Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants.  Their soup and salad is awesome.  We had such a good time chatting away.  I haven't really had a chance to catch up with her in several months.  She is just so busy at work.  Maggie has a new work schedule now so we are planning to meet up once a month.  We are going to have our own little book club so I get to go and pick out the next book we will read.  I am thinking of the latest Kristin Hannah book as I love her books a lot.  The only book of hers that was really hard to read was the one before this one called, "Night Road".  It is about teenage drinking and driving and the worse thing that can happen to a family and community.  I think it really makes a person think about choices we make everyday and how one bad choice can virtually ruin your life and others.  The young person in the book was the least drunk out of the 3 teenagers (2 of who by the way, were only 1 mile from home) and they get in a really bad accident.  It is a book I will probably only read once because it is so hard to read with that much grieving in it.

I wrote out my valentines for my students today.  I didn't write the adults any because I didn't think they would care whereas my little ones would.  It has been a few years since I have given any valentines but I felt like it today.  Usually, I make a big deal out of it for mom.  Her last Valentine's Day was in 2010 and we went out to lunch that afternoon.  I bought her a stuffed bear with a balloon that said Happy Valentine's Day.  Before that year I would really go all out for Mom on all the holidays.  It made me happy to see her smile and laugh.  Sometimes we would go to a movie too.  I loved taking Mom to the movie that last few years.  Even before then, Mom and I loved going to the movies together.  This year, I will be teaching on Valentine's Day.  It will be a good day since I will be teaching.

I am working on changing my sleep schedule.  I am trying to go to bed a bit earlier so I will be up earlier.  This way, I will be able to get what I need for teaching that day and have plenty of time to get ready for lessons.  Lately, I have been staying up too late and then sleeping in later than I used too.  I am working on changing that.  I really need to.  I know sometimes I stay in bed late because of boredom and not having something to do.  I will fix that though this coming month.  I am giving myself a month to fix this new plan.  I need to set myself some new goals.  I don't have any right now.  I will have some by next month too.

I am getting tired now.  I am going to read a bit and go to bed.  I hope you are having a good day and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment