Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday! 2-24

I am very thankful it is Friday.  I had the brakes fixed this afternoon.  It was a very expensive afternoon, that is for sure.  $407 to fix the front brakes including rotors.  I was really hoping that the rotors wouldn't need to be changed, but they did.  They also recommended new struts and shocks.  I can't do that anytime soon as I don't have the money right now and not quite enough room on the emergency credit card.  Once I pay it down I will get the struts and shocks.  Ugh, I didn't anticipate the little car would cost so much money this year.  I thought I had some time before anything needed to get done, well, she is all taken care of as far as the breaks are concerned.

I am watching an old Law and Order SVU episode.  It is an interesting one.  Of course, most of them are really good and interesting.  Mom and I have watched this show since it started although i didn't watch in in 2007 to 2011 because I felt it was too scary for mom and I didn't want to frighten her.  She was scared enough.

I have often thought about Mom and her fears.  I can't even imagine losing your mind to Alzheimer's.  I really can't.  Not remembering the people in your life, the place where you live, the ability to make good decisions, paying bills, remembering anything about your past.  How frightening it must have been for her. It was hard to watch her cry a lot and shake but it was difficult to calm her except with some medication.  I was her person.  She knew I would take care of he.  I remember the morning she came into my bedroom and asked me what was going on with her.  Momma said she knew I knew.  I said yes, I did.  I started to cry as I told her what was going on.  I showed her some info that I printed on the computer.  Momma said she wanted a binder made up with the info so she can read it when she wanted. Fortunately, I never had to do this because after I printed it, she forgot about it.  It was a hard morning telling her that one of her worst fears have come true.  Momma always said that if she got Alzheimer's she would kill herself.  Momma said this more than once in my adult life too so that is why I wouldn't let anyone tell her that she had it because I was afraid she would kill herself.  I don't know if I should have taken her to the doctor when I first noticed her memory problems.  Ultimately, it doesn't matter at this point because God took her home so she wouldn't suffer anymore.  I miss her so much all the time.  I have time on my hands because I used to spend my time with Mom, taking care of her, talking to her, hanging out with her.  I do have more students now than I did when I had Mom with me.  I am thankful for the extra students.  Not only for the lessons themselves, but for the students.  I have really great students right now.  I really like them from the littlest ones to the retired ones.  They are all wonderful and anxious to learn.  I don't have any who are being forced to learn and boy is it nice.  Momma used to listen to all the students' lessons.  I would help her into the living when it was time for a lesson.  She would smile a lot during the lesson.  Her face would light up more when Lily would come.  She just loved Lily.  Lily is the daughter of one of my very good friends.  Mom had spent a lot of time with Lily during Lily's young life.  We would take her and her sisters to movies and play games with them.  Julie, Lily's Mom, really liked my mother and spent time with her too.

I had to go to Walmart to get a refill of my Meloxicam.  I am waiting for the refill of the tramadol.  I have enough for the weekend so I am hoping at the beginning of the week it will be refilled.  After I got some new window clings for Easter and a few necessities (milk, bread, Advil PM, etc) I then went to JoAnn's for a new Easter table cloth.  They didn't have any for my size of table at Walmart.  I also got a general spring/summery one for after Easter.  All my other table cloths fit my old table not the new one so I have to buy new table cloths for the season.  What an awful thing to have to do!  Buy cute table cloths!  he he he!

Well, it is getting late and I have to get up early tomorrow for a new piano student.  the new student is a 24 year old male.  I do hope he shows up.  Often they don't when they are adults.  I shall find out tomorrow!

I hope your day is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment