Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday - a Day of Organizing 2-26

My girls came over this afternoon to help put the music away and the CDs.  I have only a few books that need to be in the database.  I have several CDs that need to be numbered.  I have a couple of newer books that I haven't numbered nor have I copied the CDs.  I plan to do that this week.  I have also discovered that several of my favorite books for students are missing.  Yup.  Missing!  2 of them are my Harry Potter Books!  I love my Harry Potter books.  I am hoping that maybe they are just misplaced right now and I will find them when I organized the office.  That is my hope anyway.  Music in this house does have a tendency to show up in the weirdest places.  In a couple of weeks I am going to ask my girls to come over and help start the office.  I am hoping we can get some stuff done and at least clear the table up as best as possible so that I can put up the other computer.  I love the other computer a lot.  Right now it is in its box and has been for the last 3 years, ever since we closed the store.  I used to use it in my studio in the store.  There are a lot of Finale Files on that computer.  It is much easier to create a spring concert program on that computer because it has a much bigger screen than this laptop.  I bought it when was working on the cook book that Andrew and I wrote.  It was much easier to edit with a screen that could show 2 pages at a time and since the recipes were divided into 2 pages, I could read them both at one time.  I am hoping to run the cable to that room soon after we set up the computer, but if not, that is okay.  I have the laptop for Internet use.

There is a NCIS marathon on right now.  I have seen all the episodes that they have shown but I don't mind.  I like the show a lot.  Mom liked it too.  I pretty much have seen every episode of NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles.  I may have missed a few of NCIS Los Angeles because it is on at the same time as Dance Moms, but I try to watch it online when I miss it.  I am thankful that they show them online as well as TV.  I don't miss Mom as much as I used to when I watch TV or see a movie.  I can see movies by myself although I prefer company as it is nice.  I am also going to see if the girls would like to play games like Monopoly or sorry.  I think the 5 of us would have a good time.  Hannah asked me to borrow them more often so I am going too.  After we finished with the sorting and putting away the music and CDs, I took the girls to chipotle for dinner/late lunch as a thank you for helping me.  I really appreciate the help and anytime I can spend time with them is great for me.  I actually will get to see them 2 times this week!  They have piano lessons tomorrow!  Yeah!  I have the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 piano solo music.  I should the girls there new books and the HP book.  Of course, Natalie put the other books aside and flipped through the HP piano book.  I was not surprised about that though.  It was totally Natalie.  Sarah was the only one who had left overs from lunch/dinner.  I hope she liked it.  I think Hannah, Natalie, and Lydia did although Hannah got hot sauce and said next time she will get milder because it was too hot.  Natalie got hot stuff too.  Not me, I get mild and so did Sarah!  We are not totally crazy like her sisters.  I just love those girls.  Then again, I don't have 1 student that I don't like.  I like them all.

Today was Rick's last lesson until mid-May.  He will be in Hawaii until then.  He will be home for a week or two in April so he said if he has time, he will call for a lesson.  I said that would be completely fine.  I have asked Bill to see if we can have the summer concert the weekend before Memorial weekend.  I am hopeful because Rick will be back by then.

I have the new Easter tablecloth on the dining room table now!  I put the books away and then I put the bills in the bill folder so I could clear the rest of the table to change cloths.  It is now done.  I like my choice of table cloths.  I also got a spring tablecloth too.  I like it a lot too.  It is a blue background with flowers on it.  It is very springy and very me!

I am going to start working on some Christmas Ornaments this week.  With the new medication, my hands aren't as achy as they were last year.  Last year at this time, my hands would ache something awful but now I have the meloxicam and that really helps a lot.

I am a little bit dizzy again today but I think it is because I didn't take my meloxicam until about 5 pm.  When I don't take it when I normally do, I can get dizzy and it can take a day or so for it to go away.  I put my medicines in a little container but I accidentally left it on the counter when we were out.  I didn't get back until after 5:30 from eating with the girls, taking them home, and going to Walmart for new blank CDske my meloxicam until about 5 pm.  When I don't take it when I normally do, I can get dizzy and it can take a day or so for it to go away.  I put my medicines in a little container but I accidentally left it on the counter when we were out.  I didn't get back until after 5:30 from eating with the girls, taking them home, and going to Walmart for new blank CDs and CD sleeves.  I used many of the sleeves today when the girls changed the original discs from the big blank CDs to sleeves.  I was having a problem with fitting all the original discs in the container so that is why I changed to sleeves.  I may eventually change them all to sleeves in the original disc box.  I will have to start using sleeves for the copies also because there isn't any extra room for even the slim disc covers.  I have been using sleeves for copies since before Christmas.  It certainly allows me to put more in the 2 drawers for CDs in the living room.

I only have the regular headache today, nothing bigger, thank goodness.  Last week I have had about 5 bad headaches.  I know some of them is because I was so exhausted from the weekend in Kalamazoo.  It always takes about a week to recover from a weekend like that and this year I had wayyyyy more stress with the competition than usual.  Usually, I am not super stressed just a little from being nervous of how my students would do but this year with the problems with the judges, well, stress was super high.  I even had a bad headache on Sunday when I woke up in Kalamazoo.  I went back to bed shortly after I got up and slept for a couple more hours.  I didn't feel well for the rest of the day but I did my duties like I was supposed.

Anyways, I do hope you had a good weekend and that your week goes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment