Monday, September 26, 2011

a 3 lesson day

I only had 3 lessons for the day.  I am thankful for the 3 though.  Camille switched to Saturday and Emily switched to Friday so it isn't as if I lost lessons (thank goodness for that!).  The lessons are pretty much about the same amount each day now so that is good.  I still have room for a few more but then, that will be it.  I don't expect to get to that point right now.  I would be surprised if I did.  It is a nice feeling to be where I am with lessons.  I am glad they spread more during the week so I can rest and not overdo it.  It is so easy to overdo it without even thinking about it.

I was so excited last night.  I went and vacuumed the tile floor (dining room/kitchen/utility room).  I did the dining room and kitchen and then rested.  After about 30 minutes, I went to vacuum the utility room and the little 1/2 bathroom.  I waited another 30 minutes and then went to scrub the kitchen area.  Then I waited for the extra pain that often happens when I vacuum or scrub to arrive.  It didn't arrive!  That is right!  Absolutely no extra pain, not then, nor in the morning.  I was very tired, but I didn't get the muscle spasms that usually happen.  I think resting in between made the difference.  I usually try to do it all at once and then plan on lying down for the next few hours with muscle spasms running up and down the back of my legs.  Well, the new plan worked well.  I will be vacuuming the living room and the hallway tomorrow along with the stairs and the upstairs hallway.  I will be able to keep up with the house cleaning much better now that I have a new plan and it works!  Or at least it worked yesterday.  I am hopeful it will work again.  I am more tired today because of the housework last night, but I also expected that.  I will just go to bed a bit earlier than usual.  That won't be a problem.  There isn't much on TV tonight anyways.

Rachel had her lesson as usual.  She is now learning 3rds and how to skip notes.  She is doing really well with that.  She did super well with her flash cards.  Rachel is just so cute.  So are Benjy and Joiene, they had their lessons too.  I don't think they have practiced yet, (they have had about 4 lessons now) but Benjy knows his hand position very well, which is surprising since he doesn't practice.  I don't know what the problem is.  They have a keyboard so that would work well but I don't know.  I will do as best I can with them.  I do like them a lot.  They are so cute.  Joiene is 5 and Benjy is 6.  Monday is definitely the evening for my little ones.  I didn't have Bob, my retired guy because he fills in for the information desk at the hospital when they need him and he had to fill in today.  I think he will be filling all week long so I don't think he will have a lesson this week.  It is a bummer, but he rarely misses a lesson.  He tries to make them up instead but he doesn't think he will be able to this week since he is planning to be at the hospital all week.  Tomorrow, Brooke will not have her lesson tomorrow because of a volley ball game right after school.  I was disappointed but I will see her next week.  I also have to schedule her younger sister, Breanne.

I have a bit of a bad headache now.  I am not sure why except I get them rather easy.  It could be from the cold, the weather, or just plain Fibromyalgia.  It is hard to say with me.  I am going to take something for it shortly and then go to bed.  It also could be because I am overtired tonight.  When I went to bed last night I had an upset.  All of a sudden I started crying really hard.  I was missing Mom and it just hit me really hard at that moment.  After about a half hour I calmed down and went down to read for a bit before heading back to bed for sleep.  I just never know when it will hit me.

It has been a good day.  I do hope your day has been good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment