Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the rest of the students.  Fall is officially on its way.  Today is about 70 degrees today and it is now about 61 degrees.  What a change from Friday and Saturday that almost 100 degrees.  Yeah, Michigan has strange weather but hey, I will take the 60s to 70s over near 100s any day.  I have nice comfy pants on with my lovely Tinkerbell fleece hoodie.  I love hoodie weather!  I was supposed to have 4 lessons today but only ended up with one.  I am kind of bummed about that but Camille did reschedule to tomorrow.  I don't know what happen to Benjy and Joiene.  I don't know if their Mom understood she needed to call me if they weren't coming.  They are new to lessons and English is not their parents first language.  I will find out next week when I speak with her.  I also don't know if she had my phone number, that could be a problem too.  They are through the online company so i called and we decided to just reschedule the lesson to the end of the month so they won't be paying for it right now.  Of course, if it happens again, that is a different story.  I really do think this time the mom just didn't understand to call me or doesn't have my phone number.

It was an interesting afternoon.  I went to get a few things at the store and on the way home I was almost broadsided.  Yeah, I was driving down the street and the cross street had a stop sign.  How the car missed a bright RED car, I do not know, but they almost drove into me.  Fortunately, there was no one coming my direction so I could swerve and miss them.  I was not a happy camper but I am happy that me and the little red car are still intact and in one piece without anything wrong with it.  No bumps or bruises for either one of us.

I am looking forward to two new students tomorrow and Wednesday.  Both are singers.  One is 7 and the other is 11.  It shall be fun.  I also have another new student who needs to pick their time because they were signed up at the same time as one of my new students.  Overall, so far fall is shaping up nicely.

Fall is my favorite season of all.  It looks so pretty when the leaves change color.  Okay, I must admit, I do not like raking leaves.  Well, I can't do it myself, so I have the young man who mows my lawn do it for me.  I don't have many trees in my yard, wow, come to think of it, I don't have any except the Japanese Maple that is in the front yard, but across the street is a huge, and I mean huge, Poplar tree that sends my lawn lots and lots of leaves.  The tree is so big that if it came down in a storm towards my house, it would take out my whole house.  Fortunately, that has never happened and I hope it doesn't.

I am re-reading the O'Malley series from Dee Henderson.  She is a Christian Contemporary Writer.  I love these books.  I had thought I donated them 3 years ago when I donated 17 boxes of books to a church rummage sale.  I have regretted it ever since.  At the time I thought Momma and I would be moving closer to the store.  This was way before I realized how expensive the Rochester Area was and before we lost the store.  I am glad we ended up not moving.  With losing the store, we needed to stay in the house and this was right before the housing bubble burst.  I am thankful we stayed here.  However, there is no way to get all those boxes of books back.  I don't miss the Star Wars books.  They were getting boring and they were killing off the best characters.  Since there are multiple authors, each book was not in sync all the time with other books.  There were some good authors, but others weren't so good.  When I emptied the dresser drawer that had the books in it, I found 5 of the 7 O'Malley series.  I am glad I only have to purchase 2 of them.  I have already read 1 of them.  I found several books that I am excited about finding.  I also found some in the boxes in my room too so my room has been a treasure trove these last few weeks.  My dining room table that was so nicely empty, is now covered with books!  I am sure this is not a surprise since I have been bringing books downstairs from my room.  I haven't had to go to the use bookstore to get new books.  I did find several books that I plan to take to the use bookstore and turn them in for credit for more books.  I also need to go to my friend, Lisa's used bookstore near by.  She opened her own bookstore when the Border's books and music went out of business near my house.  Lisa is doing pretty well with it.  I am pleased with that for her.  She went to high school with me.

It has been a good day despite my sleeping in rather late and the almost car accident.  I am looking forward to the cooler weather this week.  Thank goodness for that!  I do hope your day is good too!

1 comment:

  1. a good read! I am reading the Grace Chapel series. Great recipes in I found in the second book and all by different writers! Love it! Enjoy the cooler weather before the snow comes. Happy week days to you!

    ReplyDelete