Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9-7

I am so glad it is Wednesday.  It is so nice and cool out.  I have had to wear a jacket for the last couple of days when I went outside.  I don't mind.  I have my Tinkerbell white hoodie on here in the dining room.  I actually had to turn the heat on this morning as it was about 68 degrees in the house.  A bit too cold for me.  I am glad it is a bit cooler.  I have been able to breath better these past few days and my headaches are the normal ones not the bad ones that come with the extreme heat.  I had 2 new students this afternoon.  Natalie, 11, will be every other week and Sarah, 11, every week.  Both are singers.  I think the first lessons went well.  Both girls are very excited about learning to sing.  Natalie had taken singing before for about a month, but she didn't think she was learning anything.  Sarah has never had lessons before.  Yesterday, I had another new student.  Her name is Aaiyanna.  She is 7.  She did very well too.  I was pleased.

I am almost to the point where I cannot add another student.  It is a beautiful feeling, let me tell you.  I figure I can either take 2 to 3 more with the online company or 2 not from the online company.  I have had several new students since June and they are all planning to continue this fall!  I am so excited about that because ALL the students who started last winter, have quit, yes, every single one of them.  I thought perhaps Kayla and Amanda would come back but I haven't heard anything from either one of them yet.  Oh well, it would be nice if they did, but if they don't, I will have other new ones.  I am excited about all the lessons, new ones and the old ones.  It should be a great fall.  I am working on competition music and Christmas music so that is keeping me very busy.

I talked to Kathy today.  It was nice to speak with her and find out how her 4 are doing on the 2nd day of school.  I spoke with her about another issue I am dealing with and between the two of us, we came up with a plan.  I feel good about the decision I made.  It is the only way for me to deal with this.  Sometimes family can be so hard to deal with but I feel good about this decision.

Tomorrow is my blood test in the afternoon.  I will have the lovely Breanna's lesson and then I will head to the doctor's for the blood test.  I am trying to drink enough water to make tomorrow's test easier.  Then later on I will have Logan's lesson.  This is his 3rd lesson.  I do need him to actually change his lesson if possible because it conflicts with choir practice, but if he can't, I just won't join the choir at this point.  It is okay either way.  I will join the choir later at a later date.

Overall, it has been a good day with all the lessons I have had today.  I only have 2 students tomorrow (3 lessons - Breanna takes voice and piano) so I am looking forward to that.  I love the temperatures out this week.  I hope your day has been good to.

No comments:

Post a Comment